Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Ahem, pole dancing yes. I’ve actually wanted to attend a free class once but ended up having no time for it only for exercising purposes (also, I wanted to see what all the rage was about).

Seems that now, pole dancing has expanded and is allowing KIDS to do it as “recreational activity.” The ’activity" is featured on the Andersons show: view here

If you were a parent, would you let your kid do pole dancing?

posted almost 2 years ago
discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

Thanks for sharing the video! This is a really interesting topic. If pole dancing was not associated with the stigma it would be considered as a form of acrobatics or gymnastics. I don’t think that’s disturbing at all. It’s a good form of exercise for kids. I think it would be fun.

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

Poll dancing? Like dancing at the local polling station?

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Sorry, POLE DANCING, I meant. I spelled it wrong.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

little kids love acrobatics, she wasn’t teaching toddlers to grind or to objectify themselves (though the studio decor hints otherwise). she should have just called it “vertical bar gymnastics”.

but… why? you’re basically setting up your child to be stigmatized if they continue, and other sports have actual opportunities for growth.

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

it’s fine now…until they grow up and realize what it’s associated with. I think there are far better options to achieve the same outcome.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION