Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
j_fo
Style_council
j_fo

The time has come again, when all the countries unite, with elite athletes from around the world! There’s one main thing that gets my blood pumping for the olympics: Culture. I indulge in culture and love how every 4 years all the countries put their differences aside and respect and embrace each other, if only we could do this every year!
My favorite part? Opening ceremony! I’m still drooling over the one held at Beijing in 2008, and I loved the Queen and James Bond performance at London last night! Not to mention how hot did David Beckham look driving the boat ?! I’d like to hear you guys opinions??
In your opinion whose opening ceremony was better? London or Beijing??
Ohh yea and about the sports.lol, I can’t wait to see Track and Field, Soccer, Gymnastics, Beach Volleyball, Tennis, and of course SWIMMING! (Hey, im American :P)
I love Phelps, he’s from my home state but I have to give it to Lochte..the guys amazing (Not to mention waaay cuter and great sense of style) When interviewed, Lochte said if he wasn’t swimming he’d definitly go into fashion, he loves Ralph Lauren..how great is he?!
For the Americans out there..who do you guys like better..Team Phelps or Team Lochte??
And what country would you guys like to see the Olympics held at next??

posted about 2 years ago
KateSeverson
New_user KateSeverson is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KateSeverson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KateSeverson

I prefer London’s opening ceremony, but I can relate more to it and I love British history. I also really enjoyed the forging of the Olympic rings; I thought that was really clever.

Team Lochte, all the way. Phelps looks like my uncle, which just weirds me out. And I think he’s been very over-hyped up. He didn’t even medal his first event this Olympics. 4th place by a rather comfortable margin.

I’m really only into the equestrian events, as I’ve been riding and competing since I was very young. I also know three of the US team members on the eventing team so I suppose I’m rather biased. I was up at 3am to watch the start of the eventing dressage online. Die-hard, right here!

I really have no preference as to where the games are next, to be honest.

posted about 2 years ago

j_fo
Style_council
j_fo

haha yea it gets weird when a famous person reminds you of a family member and I think the pressure is getting to Phelps but I’m happy for Lochte (:
Oh equesrian is nice, i’ve always wanted to learn how to ride.

posted about 2 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

All I can say is…USA! USA! USA! :)
and Phelps and Lochte need to get their acts together .

posted about 2 years ago

Sakhi
Style_council
Sakhi

I agree with CrossMyHeart that I really liked the forging of the rings and thought it was a really good idea.

I went to see the womens epee final on monday. It was amazing! I was very disappointed at Shin A Lams appeal being turned down.

posted almost 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I gotta say, I liked the Beijing opening ceremony better. I liked the intro and some scenes of the scenes (loved the queen’s entrance), but I thought the London one was a little too abstract—a giant 100-foot tall Voldemort? the creepy giant sleeping baby?

I just watched Phelps doing the butterfly yesterday, and that was sooo disappointing—he had it up until the last half-second, when he just didn’t make enough effort to touch the wall.

The 2014 olympics are in Russia, 2016 in Brazil, 2018 in Korea, and for 2020 the candidates are Istanbul, Japan, and Madrid. although Japan would be great, I think it’d be interesting to host it in Istanbul—they’ve been bidding for the past 12 years and always lose.

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

I’m loving the Olympics this year especially gymnastics,dive,and swim!

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

LOVED this years opening ceremony, but I’m totally biased, I live here! The giant Voldemort was hilarious, and wonderfully brilliant.
I’m totally addicted to the Olympics, over here BBC covers ever single event all day long and we hardly change the channel. I love the swimming, and gymnastics best of all. They’re amazing.

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I LOVED london’s ceremony only because it was more modern! I love swimming, track, gymnastics, and diving!

nicoletastan
Style_council
nicoletastan

gymnastics was the best

KathleenCaring
Style_council
KathleenCaring

My favourite olympics of my life so far. They made made me want to be British. I miss London 2012, not gonna lie… weird thing is I’m not athletic at all, and I hardly ever watch any other sporting events.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION