Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

Opinions? I’m just curious what other people think, especially anyone outside the US.

I’m torn. I believe in the general theme of what they stand for—but it’s disorganized, chaotic, and lacks specific and clear-cut goals. By nature, it attracts a lot of anarchists and and crazies who like to cause trouble—even if 99.999% of the protesters are peaceful, you’ll always have those radicals. Like, my friend’s parents own a shop in one of the cities; a group of people told them if they didn’t close their shop that day, they’d smash all their windows.

Also.. is the police force excessive, or is it justified? At my school, the protest specifically targeted education—something that’s been protested for ever since I was a freshman. Students were beaten viciously with batons for standing their ground—many were also arrested. What’s more shocking? Professors and graduate students were also beaten and arrested. A well-respected English professor was literally pulled by her hair, beaten with batons, and forced to the ground to be handcuffed. It’s hard to see my fellow students, and faculty members that I look up to, being beaten down because they’re fighting to keep public, affordable education.

posted about 3 years ago
DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Yeah, I pretty much disregard those crazy people and just only wish well to the protesters who are actually maintaining peace and not vandalizing or slashing tires. I have heard protesters are doing their best to make sure anarchists don’t cause destruction to buildings and vehicles. But it’s hard to zap those crazy people out of place, since there are a lot of them.

I was watching a live stream from a protestor in New York, a group of a few people got mad at the cameraman because they thought he was filming them. Then we (as viewers) all realized that they were doing illegal things—slashing tires! Bah, anarchists.

I do hope for the cops to question their authorities and side with the people.

Oh, and just like in history, I’m sure there are oppositions in Occupy WS trying to plant some seeds to make protestors look bad. Like this guy:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/26/right-wing-filmmaker-gives-away-bongs-and-che-guevara-rolling-papers-at-ows/

I’ve been keeping tabs with OWS with addictinginfo.org and current.com. :D

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

Wow.. at least they exposed that filmmaker. There was a shooting at my school yesterday (no one got hurt, they just gunned down the suspect), but it was a mile away from the protesters, in a quiet computer lab. Of course ALL the media makes it look like the protesters were responsible. I read a yahoo article that said like “shooting during protests at school”. That totally misconstrues what actually occurred—the rest of the world is too blinded by false media to care about the real issues at hand.

posted about 3 years ago

frictioninyourjeans
Style_council
frictioninyo...

I’m glad that some people are finally realizing how corrupt the United States is and that they’re trying to do something about it, but they’re targeting the wrong entity. If they went after the Federal Reserve and showed how backwards that is, I’m sure they would have more supporters. People need to get over the idea that everyone is going to be economically equal. It’s never going to happen.

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

lol I doubt protesters want communism—although some of the crazier ones might. It’s just too disorganized because everyone is fighting for a million different things, the fed being one of the many. They need a clear-cut, achievable goal, otherwise it’ll just end as an almost pointless mess :/

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

Frictioninyourjeans, you are EXACTLY right. The Federal reserve is the root cause of all of the problems in the USA. Most of the occupy people are very uneducated and it is so frustrating to listen to them speak. Everyone should look up Adam Kokesh on youtube. Here is his link http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamKokesh I really give props to him because if I was there talking to these people, I do not know how I would keep my composure. I feel like I would get very frustrated trying to tell these people that they are wrong in so many ways. He shuts them down with pure logic and information without getting mad haha. Anyways, I hope people wake up and educate themselves on what the federal reserve is and why we are in economic turmoil. Here is another link to a video that I think is a good stepping stone for people to educate themselves because it was made in a way for people to understand it. It is called The American Dream. Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM I think it is great to show people who are completely uneducated and hopefully you all will share this video too!

posted almost 3 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

YES!!!! The fed is all bad news, all the time. It says in our constitution that CONGRESS has the power to print and distribute money, not the power to pimp out the making of money to a bank owned by a bunch of non-americans. I’m for capitalism 150%, but internally. Putting our financial situation in the hands of those who don’t have the country’s best interest at heart is plain ludicrous.

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

And i don’t buy the “we are the 99%” business. My family is by no means rich, but we live comfortably. A middle class is essential for a country to develop itself (and continue developing) and I’m pretty darn sure we still have a solid middle class, not 1% of billionaires and 99% of everyone being screwed by the 1%. There is a medium, still.

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

If you all do not know who [Ron Paul] is, he is running for president and if you have some sort of pre-determined bias towards him, look up videos of him on youtube and look into the man. He is seriously the last hope for our country.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I definitely agree—I think the middle class is definitely feeling a squeeze, but not to the point where everyone is in economic ruin.

I just think it’s a s**tty, s**tty time to be a teen/young adult right now, when economies all over the world are collapsing :|. I feel like when I graduate and no longer mooch off of my parents, I’ll be worse off than they ever were at my age

tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I think it’s so important for people to get involved in. I just hope everyone’s safe and going about it in a respectful and appropriate way. The way money is spread out throughout the classes in the US is vile – and corporate greed is just wrong. What do you guys think?

REPLY TO DISCUSSION