Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AmeliaJackson29
Style_council
AmeliaJackson29

Well I personally luv Obama, but honestly he hasn’t had time to achieve peace, it doesn’t seem fair to some of the many ppl who hav given their entire life’s to making other ppl’s life’s better.

posted almost 5 years ago
railophone
Style_council
railophone

I don’t have anything against it, but can anyone tell me what he actually did?

I know Greg Mortenson was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, and I believe he has done so much in helping the expansion of education in Central Asia.
And I don’t want to go all Kanye West on you guys, but… I think Greg Mortenson deserved the Nobel Peace Prize.

Unless someone can tell me what Obama did other than become the first black President. I don’t want to leave this matter without getting the full story because it makes me feel so biased. D:

anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

Yeah, what did Obama do exactly? :P

KarenKay
New_user KarenKay is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KarenKay reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KarenKay

Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize sounds fantastic to me – we have the coolest president ever, haha. It’s also shattered my impression that one has to be superold to win one. ;p

But I have the exact same q as you guys…. what exactly did he do? It seems as if he really hasn’t done much this entire term….

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

HAHA at stereoskyline’s post about going “kayne west” on obama.

i was surprised that he won, i didn’t realize that he did so much already to get it, if he did.

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I think the only reason that Obama was given the prize is because he is the first African American president.

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I’ve only heard of this once before. I’m not quite sure what at all he did though? He hasn’t even been president for an entire year. I’m not sure how I feel about this, until I hear some more info..

trampchanneling
Style_council
trampchanneling

9 months of presidency and he’s getting a peace award?
This doesn’t seem kosha to me, not at all.
He’s only been there long enough to make some empowering speeches and I do think he will be a good president, just give him a chance to do something …
Just because he’s black does not mean he deserves the award – Maggie Thatcher was the first female Prime Minister and did she get an nobel prize?

themayflower
Style_council
themayflower

I agree with you guys about Obama getting the award prematurely. But we shouldn’t be asking WHAT he did, because he is doing a lot to deal with the health care situation and international relations with Afghanistan, for example, but HOW his policies have played out. But as many of you are saying, we can’t tell just 9 months into the presidency. They may be effective in the future, or they may not. Until then, we can’t just go handing out awards. Personally, the main reason why they did this is probably to raise the Americans’ hopes. If we don’t have a positive outlook of the future, how can we recover from all of our economic issues? After all, one of the contributing factors to a poor economy is psychology.

posted over 4 years ago

Lia_H_D
Style_council
Lia_H_D

everyone is talking about the fact that he just became president. like everyone who’s won has been a president. maybe they took into account the many great things he did before he became president. i also don’t know exactly why he got it, i’m just sayin.

posted over 4 years ago

melissag
Style_council
melissag

umm what did he do?

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION