Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
j_fo
Style_council
j_fo

Im still trying to get the whole concept of the worl coming to an end i mean do i think its true?. i doubt it. However mother nature has been out off control lately i mean Hati,Japan,..its just been one crazy event after the other. Me, well i live on the northereastern coast of U.S. & to our suprise we recieved an earthquake. There were no major impacts from it. Its just…well weird. West Coast..California to be exact, is usually the state to deal with earthquakes..not to mention Hurricane Irene is on its way to my area. I mean earthquake,then a hurricane&now there talkn bout tornadoes..i mean whats next?! I mean if yu ask me does it seem like the world may be coming to an end?..well round here it does. But i knw its not, just happens to be Good’ol Mother Nature showing people whos boss. & Personally im okay with it. I
Is anyone else on the east cost experiencing this?
& what are yall opinion on the whole 2012 theory?

posted about 3 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I think the 2012 theory is rubbish :) I will admit, these natural disasters occurring in the northeast (where I live) have me a little freaked out… but I know it’s nothing too much. The potential tornadoes would be related to the hurricane – not exclusive – since there’s another front coming from the west.

I’m sure the weather is beautiful somewhere right now.

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

First of all the “2012 theory” isn’t a theory, many ancient civilizations marked that day as a day of great significance, which you should know if you educated yourself instead of getting your facts from the media and shows on television. We will see increased weather phenomena as this year progresses into the next. Wait, we will all see and experience this change soon enough. I choose not to live in ignorance and educate myself thoroughly on a subject before making a definite decision on what I think it all means. What you think may be occurring probably isn’t at all what is actually going on, there is a possibility more going on then you actually know or can even comprehend. Believe me, if you educated yourself on the subject, you would find it spirals into things that you can’t and won’t accept, and will probably disrupt everything you thought to be true.

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I hardly think reading ancient myths on wikipedia is fully educating yourself on that topic, but that’s just me—also, I wouldn’t attribute global warming or age-old natural weather fluctuations to “2012”.

j_fo, I wouldn’t worry—natural disasters don’t predict some awful end of the world as we know it.

posted about 3 years ago

j_fo
Style_council
j_fo

umm OmniDimensional..i think we have a misunderstanding.I was trying to put humor into the whole concept of 2012 despite if its a theory or not i don’t undertsand how what i was saying was considered to be ignorance. Im a religious person and that last thing i would believe in is the world just suddenly coming to an end. Im not saying im the most educated on this topic..but i think your tone was a little uncalled for and unnecessary.

posted about 3 years ago

j_fo
Style_council
j_fo

oh& Newamericanc..,im sure it wont be the end of the world now haha but thanks for the backup :)

posted about 3 years ago

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

It’s all about money, people are making so much out of the whole concept. Also you get those nutty people who smoke too much weed and subscribe to pretty much every conspiracy theory going.

posted almost 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I think it’s all about perspective, and people choosing to see what they want to see. If you look back in history, including ancient documents and religious texts read as historical records, it’s really not uncommon for disasters to tail on the end of one another like they have this year. But it just seems worse than it did in the past because we have the news and are aware of disasters all over the world, not just in our hometowns, so even people who have not directly experienced any disasters are panicking because of the media.

But while I think it’s kind of interesting to read predictions and theories (yes, theories; until 2012 gets here and something happens it can’t possibly be a fact) about 2012, I don’t buy into them, especially since the scientific evidence is pretty clear that nothing threatening will happen. (I’m not sure where OmniDimensional is getting her information?). And I hardly think that nature doing what nature has done since time immemorial is evidence of the end of the world!

That said, I’d love to throw a big party on 12/21/2012 or whatever, so if we do all die, we die happy :-P And if not, hey, it was a good night!

fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

I have a hard time believing 2012 will be anything important… but we’ll see!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION