Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

The most talked about news is about Hurricane Sandy travelling down to the east coast. I, myself reside in the east coast, but never really experienced an actual hurricane that can cause serious damage. This storm they said, is very dangerous and we are prepping for it by shutting down mass transportation and possibly shutting down electricity in certain areas (New York). There are many people stocking up for the storm also.

But the real question that I have now is What to stock up on during an emergency? I’m a city girl that has never been through any harsh weather climates except maybe a blizzard?

Please give your two cents on how you would/did prepare

posted over 1 year ago
ChicBabydoll
Style_council
ChicBabydoll

I live in MInnesota and when we have harsh snow storms and/or thunderstorms we mainly stock up on nonperishable foods because we don’t know how long roads will be closed for and also we get a few cases of bottled water.

Stay safe and keep us updated on how you’re doing!

posted over 1 year ago

tova
Style_council
tova

Hey, I’m in an area that’s in danger of being affected by this storm as well (its been raining non-stop for the past 3 days!) I’m also from the east coast & used to this kind of thing. Chicbabydoll is right, the most important thing is to have food & water! Think canned goods you can open up and eat with no prep, etc. Also make sure you have candles, flashlights, batteries on hand & lots of stuff to stay warm in! As long as you have food, shelter & some form of light you’ll be fine. :)

posted over 1 year ago

stylelove07
New_user stylelove07 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When stylelove07 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
stylelove07

I live on the east coast in Pennsylvania, and it is quite bad. The power has been out since 9 o’ clock last night. My family has to stay at my grandmother’s house because there is no heat or anything. Two trees fell right across the street from me. I hope everyone is safe.

posted over 1 year ago

Slimskii
Shop_seller_2 Slimskii is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
Slimskii

My heart goes out to you guys! We’re experiencing nice weather here in California. Really hard to imagine the serious effect Sandy has on everyone in the East Coast. It must be tough going through it and some of you losing homes and belongings… Take care!

posted over 1 year ago

nikkinectarines
Style_council
nikkinectarines

I live on Long Island, and the most important thing that we did, in my eyes anyways, was that we stocked up on ice (to put in coolers with all of our perishable foods), gas for our cars (gas stations are really being hit up and most are running out of gas because people need gas for both cars and generators), and we made sure everything outside was tied down safely! A friend of mine who lives very near by actually lost her trampoline! It flew over their fence and got stuck, and they had to cut it down. Adios, childhood :/ but we definitely could’ve been hit a lot worse, and I’m very glad my friends and family are safe!

posted over 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

Thanks for the responses! Unfortunately, I’ve asked too late but still had a good supply of food. My experience with Hurricane Sandy was surreal in my eyes because this had never happened in New York before. We experienced flooding up to 4 feet and it was just really bad. It’s something that I’ve always watched on the news but never seen in real life. Aside from property damages and power outages, there were also the cases of looters taking advantage of stores that didn’t have power or security. Some people just disappoints me.
@Chicbabydoll: I’m doing well Thank you! New York is in recovery mode. So hopefully it’ll be back to normal soon.
@tova: Thanks! Next time I will definitely be more prepared for a natural disaster.
@stylelove07: Yes i know how you feel! It was horrible without electricity! Hopefully you’re doing great as well!
@slimskii: Thanks, yeah there were a lot of property damages mainly near the coast, and there was also about a hundred houses gone due to a fire.
@nikkinectarines: Wow, i can actually imagine that. I’ve actually seen a photo on facebook, where a trampoline was blown away. Haha maybe it was your friend’s. I’m glad you’re safe as well because I know this was an unexpected one!

posted over 1 year ago

juleenforbes
Style_council
juleenforbes

Hope everyone is ok

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION