Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

This upcoming year is a big year for politics in America – have you ever voted before? If so, what was your experience like? Do you like to help with campaigns?

posted over 2 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I voted for the first time in the 2008 election. Honestly, I was really excited about it! It was a lot of waiting for a fairly short voting process, but it was gratifying to cast my vote and then follow the polls as they were tallied for the rest of the day.

(But then I didn’t vote in 2010 because I was overseas and forgot to request an absentee ballot. Whoops!).

I’ve never worked for a campaign, but in 2004 (when I was too young to vote), I worked at a local polling station. I thought that was a positive experience, because regardless of their political affiliations I think it’s really important for all citizens to cast their vote.

posted over 2 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

I don’t have the age to vote yet, but for my country it would be choosing the lesser evil ;d

posted over 2 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I turned 18 last January and I’m registered, so I’ve been paying attention to what has been going on and I’m really curious to see what it’s going to be like, especially since it’s my first time.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

voted for Obama because I had just recently turned 18 at the time. Haven’t voted since, because the paperwork is a headache—at the time, I registered with my dorm address; I’ve since moved every year, and my hometown isn’t the city I registered in. I guess I just re-register and ignore everything else I put before?

posted over 2 years ago

perluxlucis
Style_council
perluxlucis

I worked in politics/government for 2 years when I turned 18. Needless to say, I have voted in every election, no matter how small. I really wish people paid more attention to local government, as there are so many things that affect a person’s daily life due to those small, local elections… (Example: Planned Parenthood funding! Street renovations, etc.) I do vote in all of the big ones too, though these days… Reluctantly.

posted over 2 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

yes, once I turned 18 I’ve been voting since. it is a right i don’t want to take for granted but at the same time, I find it very difficult to fully understand all of the different propositions and what not (I am not politically savvy). If I find that I don’t have a good grasp, I won’t vote on a certain topic. I have never helped in campaigns though

posted over 2 years ago

AngelaAmazing
Style_council
AngelaAmazing

I vote any and every time that I can. Every voice counts. I have been for the past six years. I have always had pretty good experiences. I just get a bit annoyed. when things dont go the way I would like, but things cant always go your way.

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

of course

posted almost 2 years ago

StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

YES FOR OBAMA!

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

In my 4 years of voting, I have voted for anything I felt could affect me. There’s been a few local measures that had nothing to do with my life that I didn’t vote for.

juleenforbes
Style_council
juleenforbes

Obama

Icelandic_Beauty
New_user Icelandic_Beauty is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Icelandic_Beauty reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Icelandic_Be...

I have never voted before

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

Can’t vote yet, but I would!

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Yes, I’ve voted in a few elections now. I’m almost as excited about this one as I was 4 years ago. I got my ballots in the mail today and have already completed them, haha. I live in Washington Sate and we have a very important referendum on the ballot that I’m very happy to get the chance to vote for :)

mollyan
Style_council
mollyan

Never voted

gingercinnamon
Style_council
gingercinnamon

In my country the system is quite different from American one, it’s a lot easier and most of people vote. Btw I vote since i’m 18 and i think everybody should get the chance to express their opinions when we talk about politics since that affects their lives. (sorry for my terrible english)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION