Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I think a lot of us have been to the airport recently and and had to go through the full body scanners. You basically have to stand up with your feet at shoulder width apart and your hands over your head. You hold still for a few seconds and and wait til the TSA officer tells you if it’s ok for you to step out.

I guess I’ve been hiding under a rock all of this time because up to last month I was oblivious to the fact that those scanners actually project images of your naked body!!! How creepy can that be? I shudder at the thought of some random person I’ve never met looking at my body (even if it is only a projection). They don’t tell you about this at the airport, they just expect you to go through with it. Talk about invasion of privacy.

Just remember that there’s always an option to opt out and have an officer perform a body pat down. You don’t have to go through the full body scanners if you don’t feel comfortable with it. I personally prefer this over having to go through the scanners. Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

posted almost 2 years ago
Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

Wow, I wasn’t aware that that was how the scanners worked. Still, I feel like it’s an invasion of privacy either way (pat down or scanner). I guess I don’t really mind it, as long as it’s an effective way of making sure the airports and planes are safe for travelers.

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION