Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
anatati
Style_council
anatati

Do you think it’s going to affect fashion in some way? Is it affecting already? What are the signs?
I’ve heard opinions from brazilian fashion journalists but I want to know if they’re talking about it and how they are dealing with this matter in other parts of the world.

posted over 5 years ago
HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

I definitely think that it’s affecting fashion. My friends that work in retail tell me that sales was down 50%. I think that more ppl are going to invest in basics rather than high end pieces. More sales are going on at malls. Also, I think that shops and boutiques are hosting more events to reach out to consumers.

posted over 5 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

It’s affecting it a lot. So many shops are closing down over here. Luckily only one that I like is gone so far, the rest were a bit rubbish.
Shoe shops seem to be having the worst time of it.

posted over 5 years ago

jehovahsfitness
Style_council
jehovahsfitness

I’ve heard about a lot of small, independent shops going under (the ones that usually carry unique, independent designers), as well as larger chains. We might lose a lot of interesting designers if they can no longer afford to operate.

posted over 5 years ago

woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

I heard that people wear lots of grey and clothes with stripes. I read an article really long time ago so I don’t remember why but it had something to do with people afraid of following trends because they don’t want to waste money but it sounded a lot more convincing and elaborate than the summary I just gave you.

posted over 5 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

It’s affecting a lot…fashion week in Milan was an example, Cavalli didn’t show his new collection…in an interview he said also models were payed less, like 50%..!

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

It’s definetly affecting the fashion world, especially high street/mall stores. Quite a few clothing/shoe stores in England have shut down in the past year or so, and more will probably follow. Most shops are constantly having sales because they can’t sell half of the stuff at the original prices.
Also a lot of shops are selling so many trends at once just to get more people in and buying, unlike just a few years back when a lot of shops would concentrate on selling only a couple of trends and really working to cover every part of that trend.

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 23272 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 23272 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

oh, fashion’s definately taking a hit. i was reading luxist the other day, and it seems that cavalli’s company’s in financial doo-doo. D:

i think fashion’s going to be one of the hardest-hit industries, because fashion is much more of a luxury than say, food or shelter. and in a time of financial hardship, people aren’t going to shell out money for the latest trend if they can’t even make their monthly mortgage or car payments.

just my 2 cents.

posted over 5 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

Here’s on article on stores that might be closing.
link it

I’ll be sad if Michael’s and Claire’s both close.
I’m going to have to be more thifty now.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION