Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Lexi0584
Style_council
Lexi0584

Has anyone else been following the news coverage on this?

A massive 7.0 earthquake hit Haiti yesterday afternoon, destroying most of Port-Au-Prince. That night there were reports of over 20 aftershocks, levelling buildings and leaving a majority of the people homeless. The number of casualties is still unknown, but it is being estimated to be over 100,000 at this point.

Haiti is already one of the most impoverished countries in the world (with 80% of citizens living below the poverty line). Right now it is incredibly important to get food, water, and medical supplies to those affected. CNN has a great website that links to a number of different relief efforts, like Red Cross and Samaritans Purse. I’ve included the link below if anyone is interested in learning more or contributing a donation:

http://www.cnn.com/impact

posted almost 5 years ago
MissLaydii
Style_council
MissLaydii

what is happening to Haiti is definately devestating. We all must come together and do anything we can to help. be it donations, prayers, whatever…
My thoughts and prayers are with those who have lost it all.

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

I have friends in school who have family over in Haiti and I have been praying for everyone over there. I am planning on donating money when I get some money soon. It makes you realize that the little problems we stress over are nothing compared to the issues going on over there. Things were already bad in Haiti, and now they have become worse, But I just have faith that they will get the help they need as long as we put our efforts together,

Perrine_La_Coquette
Style_council
Perrine_La_C...

it’s so easy to donate, the two most trusted are those 2:
-text “YELE” to donate $5
-text “HAITI” to 90999 donate $10 to the Red Cross
Haiti needs our help CHictopians go to CNN for more information on donations

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

Pray for them and all those affected by the earthquake

tabdogs
Style_council
tabdogs

The worst part about it is that not only was there a massive earthquake, with MULTIPLE aftershocks, but the already unstable community is now subject to looters, and violence and different sort of attacks.
Canada sent troops in yesterday to help protect the people from each other….
Its so sad.
Our thoughts go out to them

tjlove1719
Style_council
tjlove1719

that was absolutely tragic. i hope that all those people who were effected by it are doing okay. my school is actually doing a fundraiser to help the victims out.

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

did anyone hear, there was a 6.0 “aftershock” in haiti yesterday. how the heck do you call that an aftershock? these people are going to need some serious help or must be super strong in order to get through this

thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

Even with all the aid being sent to Haiti, the real problem is having enough organized ground support (with adequate protection) in Port-au-Prince to efficiently distribute it….there hasn’t been enough time to set up proper channels and repair damaged infrastructure, so even if there is enough food/medicine/aid to go around for everyone, there’s no way each affected person would receive what s/he needs to survive/endure. That’s the reality of it….it just serves as a reminder that all we – as individuals – can do is give as much as we can within our power, and hope for the best for those who still have a chance.

Haunt5r
Style_council
Haunt5r

ITS SO SAD! I wanna donate like 10$ to them.:(

REPLY TO DISCUSSION