Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
wildirisstudio
Style_council
wildirisstudio

I’m feeling optimistic and I’m wondering what the general mood is out there…Do you think the recession is over? How has it affected you if at all?

posted almost 5 years ago
1 2
rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

it has been one year since you posted this topic but in my opinion the recession is still not over

posted over 3 years ago

shootingstar
Style_council
shootingstar

was there ever one? ;)
i mean we are buying stuff.
people are buying stuff they probably use once a year.
black friday just passed. everyone has an ipad, iphone, i-something.

hello christmas!

posted over 3 years ago

Bstellar
Style_council
Bstellar

hello no it is unfortunately not.

posted over 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

There are signs of improvement as the unemployment rate in most places is decreasing. For example, the town I grew up in was spotlighted as the city with the highest unemployment rate in the US at the start of 2009, and the unemployment rate has dropped from 20% to 13% as of this past November.

But 13% still means a lot of people without jobs. There are still way more people unemployed than there were before the recession. Plus there are tons of people working for lower-paying jobs than before the recession, so even though they have jobs they’re not the actual careers they want and are hard to live off of. A lot of families are on very tight budgets and are not able to afford the things they would in a healthier economy. And while there will always be some college grads who move home, I feel like in my graduating class (2009) I know more people living with their parents than in their own places, simply because of the cost.

Even if it isn’t as desperate as before, there is still a lot of struggling. And even if the economy is on an upswing, it takes a while for those changes to trickle down to the average person.

posted over 3 years ago

DenishaPeterson
Style_council
DenishaPeterson

recession will never be over, but it wont stop us from shopping so much lol

posted over 3 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I think its improved. We’re not exactly in our heyday, gas is 3.15 a gallon…but it could be worse. Or maybe I’m just very well-off. That may be it. This reminds me, I should go thank God i’m not in ethiopia startving. lol

posted over 3 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

There’s not much hope with the new tax bill. The super rich paying more in taxes may have been what the country needed. My dad and uncle are still out of work.

posted over 3 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

far from over,mate!

posted over 3 years ago

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

I was lucky, the recession never made it to Norway

posted over 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

Im lucky that it didnt affect my family.

posted over 3 years ago

allyween
New_user allyween is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When allyween reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
allyween

hell no..its definitely on
its kind of affecting my family right now

posted over 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

With the prices on silver and gold rising everyday and the dollar being devalued and food and gas prices going up and soon china no longer accepting the dollar AND the dollar no longer being the world reserve currency, I say yeah, the recession is not over and when America crumbles to the ground it will be like “1984”. Do not be fooled by what the media says. Everything that is happening in the world right now is all apart of the agenda to enact the New World Order.

posted about 3 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Around the late 90’s, even someone with a lower-class income could make it in the world. Even $1,200 a month take home was enough to support a family of 3, putting a roof over their heads, groceries, and maybe have a little something left over.

Those days are long over.

posted over 1 year ago

pmmywest
Style_council
pmmywest

It’s been 3 years since you posted this….and I still don’t think it’s over. It’ll take at least a few more years

posted over 1 year ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION