Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
CrashingRed
Style_council
CrashingRed

Large retailers like DJ and Myer are trying to convince government to impose additional tax on online shopping!!! That is not our problem that retail prices are so high. Why we – customers should pay for Miranda Kerr advertising David Jones if all we want is to buy our fav cream or new dress? Why should we cover retailers overheads??? @http://www.theage.com.au/business/online-tax-push-faces-backlash-20110104-19e3h.html

posted over 3 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

So from what I understand, the GST is like a tax on Australia-based items which don’t apply to online shopping places from foreign countries? I can actually see the point of wanting online shopping locations to have this tax as well since they are selling to Australians but that is very difficult to put in place since these online stores can be from all over the world.

posted over 3 years ago

CrashingRed
Style_council
CrashingRed

Gst is nothing – its only 10%. In overall prices in Australia are rediculously high and retailers are putting on top not only GSt but all their overheads like advertising, rent, staff costs etc. They can not compete with Internet shops prices. I bought recently Lancome creams from strawberrynet.com and cost me twice less than in a boutique in David Jones shopping centre

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION