SiobhanB
Style_council
SiobhanB

I hope this represents American girls because I’d sure like to look like them

posted about 3 years ago

sukavati
Style_council
sukavati

I don’t have a problem with them. I think the reason they show the sheer clothing without anything underneath is to show you that it IS sheer, and it doesn’t come with anything underneath. I dunno, I could be wrong, but it’s whatever. The ads don’t phase me

posted about 3 years ago

semiichaotic
Style_council
semiichaotic

I’m somewhat neutral on their ads. While I do believe that the nudity isn’t quite necessary, it doesn’t phase me enough to completely despise their advertising.

posted about 3 years ago

bjkdAnc3r
New_user bjkdAnc3r is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When bjkdAnc3r reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
bjkdAnc3r

I think the ads are very strange :/ But hey, if that’s how the clothing is supposed to be worn, then count me out.

posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

American apparel promotes sexiness to its fullest potential. The models are always toothpick thin which makes women’s with curves nervous about wearing there clothes because it wont look right on them which reduces a section of their target market. I also DO NOT approve of their ads, even what the women wear on the website. With their bottoms hanging out or with their nipples exposed in shirts. I know the models are trying to make a living but they can have a little more respect for themselves, they make pasties for a reason.

posted about 3 years ago

MissMeggo
Style_council
MissMeggo

Yes because only the females ever have their nipples exposed and female nipples really ARE just incredibly obscene.

posted about 3 years ago

ymv222
New_user ymv222 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When ymv222 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ymv222

The ads are pretty provocative but you have to remember that most of what they sell can be categorized as basics so they’d be covered or matched with other less skimpy things…hopefully.

posted almost 3 years ago

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

I don’t mind them, but on the news I hear alot of people complaining about them. But who cares, of it’s not hurting you, why does it matter?

posted almost 3 years ago

Jany
Style_council
Jany

I dislike that in order to browse Chictopia I have to have their ads in my face. The truth is I don’t feel comfortable opening up the Chictopia site in front of co-workers, family or children because of the ads and that’s a shame. Whether or not the ads are appropriate in general is another question – I just don’t think they’re appropriate on this site.

posted over 2 years ago

PrettycatTigerpants
New_user PrettycatTigerpants is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When PrettycatTigerpants reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
PrettycatTig...

Yep it’s pretty awful. Someone help me understand the concept of metallic bandeaus and leggings. Who wants to look like a hooker from outer space?

posted over 2 years ago

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

I had only ever heard of AA until I joined Chictopia. I didn’t know anything about it, really. Then I started seeing all these incredibly ugly ads, so one day I clicked on one out of curiosity. The website was no better.

It’s not just that the models are are in provocative clothes and poses. It’s that the images are so unprofessional and BAD. Which cheapens the whole thing. Bad photography that makes the models look washed-out and unattractive (even though they’re obviously attractive in real life), they’re always put in the most unflattering clothes, and even when the clothes aren’t provocative they’re styled with other articles of clothing that don’t go well together at all. The ads all have a bland white background, terrible typography, and that ugly “made in the USA” logo slapped on as an afterthought. Terrible, terrible, terrible design! It offends my artistic sensibilities.

I get the impression that the creepy owner does all the ads himself instead of hiring an actual graphic designer. And it shows. The ads look like something a perv made in his basement. They’re not even worthy of all the negative hype. Anyone with a point-and-shoot camera, a model, and a computer could make them.

posted over 2 years ago

KathleenCaring
Style_council
KathleenCaring

On the bright side I like how they have some decent sized models and they aren’t all sticks.

posted over 2 years ago

laurabee
Style_council
laurabee

All they represent is the pervert’s fantasy that created them. I don’t think anyone is convinced of the CFM poses and crappy designs. I don’t even know many guys that find it very attractive.

Really, his marketing insults everyone’s intelligence, whether female or male. And as for the girls posing in the pictures, there are people willing to do anything for money in any culture.

posted over 2 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

Quite vulgar, but this is relative.

posted over 2 years ago

ObscureOverture
Style_council
ObscureOverture

I like the company’s ideals, but their objectifying ads almost cancel it out for me.

posted over 2 years ago

junn
Style_council
junn

there is nothing wrong with AA’s ads. it’s just a matter of perspective. ;)

posted over 2 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I think that their ads are creative; it’s not like the girls are wearing a boatload of makeup. I think that they wanted a natural look.

posted over 2 years ago

Mitzeee
Style_council
Mitzeee

i dont like tem they are just not interessting or nice they could have done the natural look much better and even the clothes featured in them are horriable

posted over 2 years ago

JosephineLois
Style_council
JosephineLois

SEX SELLS – otherwise why would all these hipsters pay 35 dollars for a solid tee (no offense, haha)

posted about 2 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

I’d like their ads if they were in Marc Jacobs. But they’re always in grandma outfits that go up their crotch or have and awkward shape around their bums. And I don’t much like the lighting either.

posted almost 2 years ago
1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION