SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
JenniferShin
Style_council
JenniferShin

ohkay so ive been on several dates and depending on the type of guy
and date we’re going on i “shift” the style of what i wear.
what would you wear on a date?
(just wanted some idea of what other girls did too)

posted about 5 years ago
AlexK
Style_council
AlexK

Something really feminine, but cute ansd simple.
Like a cute little dress or skirt.
I wouldn’t go overboard on accessories and all that, it’s distracting, and maybe even a little intimidating…

posted about 4 years ago

freespirit_fashion
Style_council
freespirit_f...

my date style is kind of girly, cute, and romantic.
i like to wear stuff with lots of ruffles or pink/floral stuff when i’m on a date.
and skirts!! i think i tend to wear skirts, even if it’s just a denim skirt.

posted about 4 years ago

Jessymen
Style_council
Jessymen

I think it depends where you’re going for the date. Location is key. For example, you don’t want to be wearing a cutesy, floral dress if y’all were going to a club?

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i think you should stay “you” in the outfit so don’t be too uncomfortable whatever you wear. i’d like something that’s modest but cute

posted about 4 years ago

FabricatedFashion
Style_council
FabricatedFa...

Usually I try and wear heals on my first date with a guy. It is my way of testing the waters. I get to see if he is taller than me in heels, and if he is not afraid to recommend something crazy even though I am dressed up. I like a spontaneous boy, and I don’t let how I dress inhibit what i spontaneously feel like doing so why should he.

posted about 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I think it depends where you’re going and the guy

posted about 4 years ago

dancingninja
Style_council
dancingninja

Ideal date: Sam Worthington
Venue: Sailing
Dress: cut off jean shorts, bikini, loose white (or red) singlet top

….casual, fun, ….and with Sam Worthington!
Hahhaaaaa!

posted about 4 years ago

IndigoWhisper
Style_council
IndigoWhisper

Very simple and comfortble. I used to wear complicated clothes before on dates so I used to feeel very uncomfortable. I’d go for something simple cute and natural. The erfect place for a date would be a nice park and later, after a walk coffee in a cute cafe. That was actually my first date with my fiance:D:D two and a half years ago. The simpler the better.

posted about 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I shift my style based on the type of date, too. For instance, meeting up in the daytime at a coffee shop is much different from going out to a nice restaurant in the evening, and both of those are way different from a picnic in the park.

But a few things stay consistent with my date style:
*Comfortable shoes!! They can be heels, but I have to be up for anything in them. Sometimes even planned dates can change into unexpected adventures, and I don’t want to spoil the fun by having hurt feet.
*More classic and feminine than than super trendy or edgy. I notice a many guys don’t “get” edgy.
*Simplicity. I don’t want too much going on, or else both me AND my date get distracted.
*Still feels like my own style and not someone else’s, even if I am putting in extra effort to look nice.

My first date with my current boyfriend was a casual afternoon coffee date (I wasn’t even SURE it was a date at the time :-P) and I wore jeans, a lacy green camisole, purple cardigan, and red flats. Very casual, but I felt cute.

posted about 4 years ago

Bombonica
Style_council
Bombonica

it depends where you’re going. and you change u’r style depending on how is u’r date partner too

posted about 4 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

Skirts/dresses and mid heels or flats. dont wanna fall flat on the face on a date.

posted about 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I haven’t been on any official “dates,” but it basically depends on where. One day after class, I went to a nicer restaurant with a guy… I wore a cotton dress with Keds. I probably would’ve taken the opportunity to dress nicer, but I was walking around all day.

To the movies, I’ve worn jeans, a tank, and heels… I’m relatively short so I don’t have to worry about being taller (most of the time, and it’s not an actual worry – you know what I mean).

posted about 4 years ago

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

a floral dress with a leather jacket, or jeans and a blazer. perfect for ANY date :o)

posted about 4 years ago

ParisInPink
Style_council
ParisInPink

a bow in my hair at all times. always feminine and girly and gets the point across to gents who don’t roll that way.

posted about 4 years ago

ParisInPink
Style_council
ParisInPink

something activity-based

posted about 4 years ago

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

When my husband and I go on “dates”, I typically wear skirts or dresses that are above my knee. We go to church twice a week and I always wear longer dresses there. :)

I opt for girly, sexy clothes without going over the top.

posted about 4 years ago

inthenameoffashion
Style_council
inthenameoff...

I prefer something flowey and sweet looking. cute and sexy, surounded by innocence.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION