SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cas
Style_council
cas

Hello everyone!

I’m currently working on an ethnography paper for my cultural anthropology class at my local community college. For my assignment, I’ve decided to observe the online community of young adult female fashion bloggers in the US.

I would love to hear from some of you about why you decided to start blogging!
Why did you decide to blog about fashion?
How has blogging changed your online relationships?
Do you feel a sense of community with your fellow fashion bloggers?
What makes the world of fashion blogging so exciting and inspiring?

Any and all feedback and conversations are welcome! In addition, if anyone is available for a one on one online chat or even a personal meetup in the San Francisco area, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time, I’m excited to hear from all of you.

posted almost 4 years ago
NeonSeahorsey
Style_council
NeonSeahorsey

I blog because I live in a ghetto neighborhood and everyone that lives here is a size 14, but manages to fit themselves in a size 2 with their back fat plopping out of their jeans. It’s sad, but true.

No one here is fashion oriented, so I blog to get away and create my own world. It gets lonely living here because people would make fun of me on the street for not dressing like them. I have followed blogs for years now, and it’s just so inspiring. Everyone out there is so different from each other. It’s great to see the individual beauty of other people, also.

I just started a blog two weeks ago and I love it. My boyfriend takes my pictures and I feel that blogging has make me more confident in myself.

NoonAtSea.blogspot.com

IntrinsicallyFlorrie
Style_council
Intrinsicall...

I started blogging to talk about my interests with like minded people. My sense of style doesn’t fit in with that of my peers and it’s so lovely to get to know people who ‘get’ me. There’s definitely a wonderful sense of community among fashion blogs and I’ve got to know some truly amazing people, some of which I’ve been fortunate to meet and am firm friends with. I didn’t start my blog as a fashion blog though, that’s just the direction it’s gone in. I also write about art as my career intention for the future is to be a portrait artist.

Intrinsically Florrie x

magali
Style_council
magali

I started blogging primarily to express myself. I am an introvert, so people tend to think quiet people don’t have brains, & loudmouths are smart because they like to always have their opinions heard. After I started blogging, people who went on my blog were shocked to know about the topics I write about, the readership etc. I guess it’s a tad narcissistic.

breee
Style_council
breee

I started blogging because I want to do something about my thoughts and interests. What do I have to show for my life? What better way than to document it every step of the way.

Think of it as an extension of the self.

However, I’m not from the US (Canada, actually), so I don’t want to skew the ethnography, but you may want to consider this using it as conceptual basis.

My self is here.

photoboothkiller
Style_council
photoboothki...

I blog to motivate myself to find new great pieces and to get inspiration from other bloggers. It’s also a good way to unleash your creative side and meet like-minded people :)

I’m here

changology
Style_council
changology

because i am obsessive compulsive, impulsive, and may possibly have aspergers syndrome.

my blog

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I just recently discovered how much I do like fashion. i spend a lot of time on outfits (although it doesn’t look like it haha) and I just love looking like a different person depending on the way i dress

I am open to conversations, but I’m still kinda awkward. I used to be like, on animeforums all the time talking to random people, but that was when i was like 12 and I didn’t care about the impression I left people.

I guess so. haha. I haven’t really spoken to anyone. I should try but i’m apparently shy even over the computer XD

To me, how anything can be matched together and seemlessly be pulled off. Fashion experiments make me smile the most. Like the One Dress One Year thing. I could have never thought about it, but there’s so many different things bloggers have in their mind to test the water of fashion.

i’m here

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

I blog because then later I would want to look back and see what written thoughts I’ve collected so far. It’s sometimes nice to hear responses from others to be reassured that I’m not the only one in this planet. As for delving my blog with also using fashion, I just like to share what I’ve put together and perhaps inspire/give others ideas in case they’re in need for answers. Since, I’m not too direct with sharing my personal life story out on the web, I’d rather just share about what I wore on that day or the week before….and perhaps those might give some glimpse of my personal quirks.

I am not sure whether I am all that connected with some of my other fellow fashion bloggers. I haven’t conversed with any of them as if we’re all just girlfriends. I just only find myself doing intensive reading with avid chictopia blog writers and commenting on wardrobes that I actually liked. Not sure whether people are all that interested in my voice. XD The only people who checked out my posts more often are some few people I actually know in real life.

hogwartsandaphoenix
Style_council
hogwartsanda...

I blog out of mere boredom. I like it.

candy_ytal
Style_council
candy_ytal

Self-expression, it’s where I can express my mood, feelings, something to share and because I just feel like..

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Despite long efforts to become more outgoing, I’m rather introverted. It allows me to express myself.

posted over 3 years ago

Ethnique_Island
Style_council
Ethnique_Island

When most people, well actually the people I know think that fashion is only about buying new clothes. But it’s so much than that. Being able to blog is like creating your own group of ‘friends’. Friends who understand you and appreciate you for who you are instead of being to self absorbed and close minded.

My blog is my baby, it’s something that I call my own. Within a few years I want to be able to go back in the past and be proud of myself.

So I think I start blogging for a lot of reasons.
To express myself
To learn more about myself
To learn more about the fashion world
To be inspired
To inspire
To be impressed
To fascinate
To share

Gosh, I could continue all day long
My blog —> http://m-femmefatale.blogspot.com

posted over 3 years ago

cas
Style_council
cas

Hello everyone!

Thank you all so much for the responses, they’ve been really helpful so far and I would love to keep reading more!

posted over 3 years ago

shootingstar
Style_council
shootingstar

- because talking to myself in public (including to my stuffed-animal cat) is weird…
- sometimes i answer my own question by just typing it and reading it….
- share discoveries over the internet
- the rare occasion drama
- don’t usually share personal stuff unless i have reason to.

sidenote: i still enjoy the good ol’ fashioned pen and paper at times.

testimony(?) to my progress from drab to fab (cliche, but … >shrug<) – oh, i just started…

no. no-one knows of my blogs.

i guess, i can wear something and i’ll get positive critiques and feedbacks on how to improve.

it’s changing all the time and anything can be both good or bad in each’s eyes. everyone can be a judge and, despite there is still some sort of ‘standard’, it seemed more reachable.

posted over 3 years ago

Tsiriano
Style_council
Tsiriano

because I want to express myself and inspire other people..

I decided to blog about fashion, because it’s something that I love and I have noticed that I have change my style a bit, and found myself more..

If I didn’t blog, I wouldn’t get to know more people and become friends with them.

posted over 3 years ago

TruthCollection
Shop_seller_2 TruthCollection is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
TruthCollection

I’m really new at blogging…but I love the freedom it gives me! I live and breathe fashion. Just a year ago I started my own luxury tee & tank line called "Truth"http://truthcollection.com. I would rather work doing something I love rather something I hate.

Visit my NEW Style Blog: HERE

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION