Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  american apparel fans
GwenDraper524
New_user GwenDraper524 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When GwenDraper524 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
GwenDraper524

I noticed that people either really love American Apparel or never wear it at all. It’s got this cult following. Don’t get me wrong, I like American Apparel myself – but why does it have so many hipster fans?

posted over 4 years ago
ameliajin
Style_council
ameliajin

I don’t really think ‘hipster’ is the right word to describe them. Personally, I really like American Apparel’s clothes because of the company. Also, their clothes are really good quality so you get what you’re paying for. I think people really like their clothes since they’re basics. You could literally match American Apparel stuff with anything.

posted over 4 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I think it’s a combo of letting your creativity run wild because they’re so basic that you can do hundreds of things with them, better quality that most comparable brands, better labour standards than the vast majority of clothing companies, and sex appeal. Guys really like the ads and then buy their girlfriends the same shit. Also, I kinda like that the ads have more normal people and makes me more likely to buy something because I know how it’ll look on me.

posted over 4 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

BeyondLustre hit it dead on. I like that their clothes are like a blank canvas. And you can’t beat the comfort of cotton!

You’re right, tho, people either love it or they hate it. I think they’re a good company, creepy founder aside. They pay well and are very active in both communities and human rights campaigns.

posted over 4 years ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I only have a few basic American Apparel pieces but they’re timeless. I’ve had them for years and I keep finding new ways of wearing/styling them. I wouldn’t go on a big shopping spree there since I think they’re slightly overpriced though.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
or login below
Username
Password