Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

So, I’ve been watching this new series, Catfish (on MTV), and I’m pretty addicted. If you’re just like me and are wondering what this show’s about – it’s basically a documentary series about online relationships. Each week, the show features one person who will meet their “online love” for the first time!

And so far, the people featured have been talking to their “online love” for almost a year, and it’s made me wonder – what are your thoughts on online dating?

posted over 1 year ago
patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

never worked for me….and eighter for the people i know…its never what you expected because people only show the good part of them while they re online

posted over 1 year ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

I actually know some people who met their spouses online, but I wouldn’t ever try it myself. I don’t think it’s trustworthy because people often tend to portray themselves differently online (compared to what they are like in real life).

posted about 1 year ago

pmmywest
Style_council
pmmywest

I don’t think it would work and I would never try it. There’s just too much space for disaster

posted about 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I am hooked on that show also! It’s such a fascination to me with how people can develop long distance relationships without even having the chance to meet each other. I personally don’t like the idea of online dating because like ‘Catfish’ the outcomes may not be what you expect. My friend met her loved one online and she’s never been happier.

posted about 1 year ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

It’s a fun way to meet new people! If you’re still young I don’t think you should limit yourself. People who are on online dating sites are probably just like people like us who wants to go out and make new friends. However, It’s unlikely that we’re going to meet the love of our life online. We really shouldn’t get our hopes up too high. I think you should try it for the fun of it. One of the people I met online turned into a really good friend. :)

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION