Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
j_fo
Style_council
j_fo

The time has come again, when all the countries unite, with elite athletes from around the world! There’s one main thing that gets my blood pumping for the olympics: Culture. I indulge in culture and love how every 4 years all the countries put their differences aside and respect and embrace each other, if only we could do this every year!
My favorite part? Opening ceremony! I’m still drooling over the one held at Beijing in 2008, and I loved the Queen and James Bond performance at London last night! Not to mention how hot did David Beckham look driving the boat ?! I’d like to hear you guys opinions??
In your opinion whose opening ceremony was better? London or Beijing??
Ohh yea and about the sports.lol, I can’t wait to see Track and Field, Soccer, Gymnastics, Beach Volleyball, Tennis, and of course SWIMMING! (Hey, im American :P)
I love Phelps, he’s from my home state but I have to give it to Lochte..the guys amazing (Not to mention waaay cuter and great sense of style) When interviewed, Lochte said if he wasn’t swimming he’d definitly go into fashion, he loves Ralph Lauren..how great is he?!
For the Americans out there..who do you guys like better..Team Phelps or Team Lochte??
And what country would you guys like to see the Olympics held at next??

For more discussion and update on this..check out my blog here: http://thesoundsoffashion.blogspot.com/

posted over 1 year ago
F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

I recorde it so I’m excited to see now!

posted over 1 year ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I think I actually like Beijing’s opening ceremony better, but the London one was very extravagant and beautiful.

I’m all about the swimming too! I used to be a swimmer, so it’s a must for me to watch the events. I love Michael Phelps, but I’m rooting for Ryan Lochte this year too. It’s going to be fun watching these two go head to head. And, I really miss the Thorpedo. :( LOL.

posted over 1 year ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I’m English and I was so embarrassed by the opening ceremony! It was so cheesy. I thought it looked more like something out of Eurovision!

I did love the Queen’s James Bond skit though. Oh, and Mr Bean! I blooming love Mr Bean!

posted over 1 year ago

lalipops
Style_council
lalipops

Yeah, Mr. Bean was so cool! but let’s just not forget about Beckham driving the boat with the torch! that was awesome too

posted over 1 year ago

j_fo
Style_council
j_fo

hah yea i feel like the London opening ceremony had it’s moments but overall Beijing’s opening ceremony was better. And as far as swimming goes….RYAN WON THE 400!, PHELPS DIDN’T EVEN PLACE! I hope it wasn’t to much pressure causing phelps to becomes nervous but i’m happy for Lochte (:

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION