Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

To move out or not to move out? I find this topic very interesting because I realize this is a cultural thing. I grew up in Asia so it was common for children to live with their parents until they got married. When I moved to the states I see people moving out from the early age of 18. This came as quite a surprise to me at first (18 year olds? really – no offense).

What do you think about this, and if you were to have children when do you expect them to move out?

posted almost 2 years ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I think 18 is a good age to move out, since you are now an adult. However, sometimes it’s a good idea to stay with your family for a few more years so you can save money and go to school more comfortably. I moved out when I was 17 to live with my boyfriend and my best friend and if I could change it I would, those where hard times.

SilvaeSanchez
New_user SilvaeSanchez is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When SilvaeSanchez reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
SilvaeSanchez

In Mexico we usually stay at home until we get married, or well at least that’s how it was done… Now it’s more common to leave your parents house but not so young usually around 23-25… When you’ve finished college and have been working for a few years…

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

i m expecting to move out soon..it better for your social life and all.not only when u get married and you have to

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I think a good time to move out is after graduating from college and starting a new job. I didn’t know anything when I was 18 (although I thought I knew everything!) and I’m glad I stayed with my parents.

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

If i had kids, I would want them to move out after college. That way they could experience more in their lives before they branch out.

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

I’m 20, and I kind of have two homes :P I stay in an on campus apartment when I’m going to school, and I come back and live with my parents during most weekends and during the Summer and on Holidays. :P

I’ll probably fully move out once I graduate from College and get a good job.. we’ll see, but I like living at home :P

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I think it depends on what makes financial sense. if you really value your independence, it’s worth the living expenses. otherwise, it makes more sense to save up instead of spending $600+ a month when you’re not doing much aside from working p/t.

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I think you should stay with them for the moment, it’s really hard to have your own place..

Lillyjo
Style_council
Lillyjo

In London you only really move if you’ve gone on to University. It’s so ridiculously expensive here that you would have to work full time to scrape on the bare minimum! Sad.

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

i think it depends on where you are from, you know..i am from india and it is the norm here to stay forever with your parents which i have no intention of doing of course.i plan to move out after i get a job and know that i can financially support myself even if it means struggling a little at the start.i have no intention of moving out when i get married, i want to live my life independantly before all that.and the guy also has to do the same.i ain’t getting down with a guy who insists on living with his parents.as it happens so very often in india.i think it is misogynist shit that the girl has to leave her home and move in with the guys’.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION