Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

I don’t know about you, but I love to read quotes and find them a great source of inspiration. If you have a few favorites, post them. I — and probably others — would like to hear them! Whether they are elating to fashion/beauty or not..

One of my favorite quotes is from one of my favorite poets, Ralph Waldo Emerson:
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.”

And somewhat relating to fashion, I came across this and thought it to be completely true:
“Seeing a woman all dressed up for a trip to the city, Socrates remarked, I suspect that your trip is not to see the city, but for the city to see you.”

posted about 5 years ago
1 2
pleasurebabyy
Style_council
pleasurebabyy

if you love someone.. let them go, if they back come they were always yours. If they dont, they never were*

posted almost 5 years ago

INOC_IS
Style_council
INOC_IS

“emancipate yourself from mental slavery. none but yourselves can free our own mind” – Bob Marley – “Redemption Song”

luvi
Style_council
luvi

@INOC_IS love that quote, and the song too, it often makes me cry :)

“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E. E. Cummings

“The truth is, everyone you meet will hurt you at one point or another. You just need to decide who is worth the pain.”

heyshauna
Style_council
heyshauna

“Hold your own, know your name, and go your own way, and everything will be fine.” – Jason Mraz

“Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it — but sail we must and not drift, nor lie at anchor.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes

And these aren’t exactly inspiring, but I still love them:

“What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?” – Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” – Buddha

“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” – Jack Kerouac

jthenitrokid
Style_council
jthenitrokid

“The best revenge is massive success”

I’m not sure whether it’s inspire-y to you all, but it works for me!

posted over 4 years ago

Ju_
Style_council
Ju_

There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time! Coco Chanel

..so damn true!!

posted over 4 years ago

Miss_Patrizia
Style_council
Miss_Patrizia

“an eye for an eye and the world will go blind”

posted over 4 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

“may you live all the days of your life” is quite a beautiful one. I think.
and I’ve always loved “the earth laughs in flowers”

posted over 4 years ago

Lizlicious
Style_council
Lizlicious

“far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but i can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.”
- Louisa May Alcott

posted over 4 years ago

transatlanticism
Style_council
transatlanti...

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness.” (This is basically the foundation of me wanting to do human rights law in the future)

I have tons, but none right off the top of my head! I’ll have to think about it and get back to you !

posted over 4 years ago

INOC_IS
Style_council
INOC_IS

“Everyday is an opportunity for fashion” – Kurt, GLEE

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION