Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kavzme
Style_council
kavzme

There are times when i am a complete broke (and for a long time !!)….i have watched myself grow so restless and have this tremendous itch to go shopping….for a spur of a moment i am soo happy and it creeps in…“.the truth”…." i don’t have money to shop"…..i could put it in a better way but….truth is harsh in raw words !!

So tell me…what do you feel in a moment like this….i want to know…and i want to know if you feel the same or is it just me who gets hurt….!!

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
lizzieboo
Style_council
lizzieboo

I look into my closet & check for better outfit in that way I diverted my attention into something else.

posted almost 3 years ago

candy_ytal
Style_council
candy_ytal

I don’t go to signature brand and expensive boutiques that I know I can’t afford to so as not to depress myself. I only shop to boutiques within my budget.

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

i know and understand the feeling because even though there so many temptations for shopping it’s really impossible to afford every “want”. I try to divert my attention elsewhere, and avoid browsing shopping websites or visit the mall because i find in my case it doesn’t help looking and drooling over things that are out of my budget anyways.

on the other hand, it does serve as motivation to try and work harder so that in the future i can afford to purchase things without worrying about money.

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I want to cry when it happens! I still go out and window shop. I like to see things that I could possibly get when money does start rolling in again and then I go back to the store and purchase them If I still like them

helenalouise
New_user helenalouise is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When helenalouise reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
helenalouise

Since I just started college, I’ve learned a lot about only shopping in my budget. However, I definitely love shopping, and when I can’t afford to, it drives me craaaaaaaaaazy! I can’t stand not being able to shop. Haha. A lot of times I’ll window shop or browse around the internet. Then, when I finally have some money I know exactly what to spend it on.

willowmillie
Style_council
willowmillie

i would shop online. and add everything i want in the cart, then i would click check out and they’d total up how much the stuff cost. the total numbers would scare me off and i’d click X on my window. there, solve my craving.

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

It sucks! lol….I try to figure out a way to get some money (ask my hubby, etc…) but if I just can’t come up with any money and I am still itching to shop then I occupy myself with something else. Also organizing my closet helps too because I usually come across something that I forgot I had…

posted over 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

I try not to shop if I cannot buy anything at the moment. Cause if I do, inevitably I find something I cannot live without.
Sometimes I try to remember that I tend to buy stuff I will never even wear. Not often but it happens. Either that or i wear something a few times and then get tired of it.

posted over 2 years ago

dorathelauren
Style_council
dorathelauren

this hasn’t happened to me yet, but i’d imagine it feels horrible

posted about 1 year ago

K_J_O
New_user K_J_O is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When K_J_O reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
K_J_O

It’s Such a Scary moment I realized that i am to helpless because i didn’t buy my choice…

posted about 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I’ve gotten myself get better at this. Back then I would get super depressed and have no motivation to do anything else. Nowadays I am more aware with what I can afford so I don’t have high expectations. I can actually go window shopping without buying anything and I’ll feel 100x better about myself :)

I’m forcing myself to save these days, so there are times where I force myself to feel broke just so I wouldn’t spend any money. lol.

posted about 1 year ago

modelisteJenn
Style_council
modelisteJenn

I have to admit I go to thrift stores.

posted 25 days ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION