Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

It’s no surprise that in the modeling industry, models crave to be thin and for good reasons because they’re the ones who usually get hired.

But if you’re in Israel, it is now against the law to hire underweight models! In fact, models have to show medical records (AS PROOF) to agencies that they are at a certain weight/BMI (Body Mass Index).

It seems like a great way to promote healthier views of a woman’s body to me.

What do you think? How do you feel about underweight models?

Source

posted over 1 year ago
FlyingWindows
New_user FlyingWindows is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When FlyingWindows reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
FlyingWindows

I think a better question is: How do you feel about the reinforcement for such a body type in the modeling industry?

posted over 1 year ago

robin77
Style_council
robin77

Well, to be perfectly honest, and it is probably not PC, and it promotes what Idi Amin says reinforces an unhealthy and unrealistic body type, but OMG, I wish i looked like one of them!!

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I think they are hurting themselves… I am skinny too and it’s really hard.

posted over 1 year ago

Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

Yeah I think it’s great that you don’t hire people who are unheathly, it’s helping the models and society.
KimberlyLove.net

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I’m personally sick of it. They looked ok for a while and then in the 90s the whole skinny thing started to get out of hand. I get how models usually have naturally high metabolisms and are tall so they are skinny without dieting, but the modeling norm nowadays is so extreme that even these people have to diet and take drugs to fit into the standards. I just can’t relate to seeing a tall sickly thing on the catwalk or in magazines anymore-I will never be close to that nor do I want to, and I certainly can’t relate to the clothes of someone whose body type is so far from mine.

Fortunately, there’s been a real backlash the past couple of years and I think I’ve been seeing some more natural-looking people in magazines.

posted over 1 year ago

TheQueenofJackets
New_user TheQueenofJackets is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TheQueenofJackets reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TheQueenofJa...

It seems there’s a difference between runway models and magazine models- I am jealous of the magazine models. The runway models look like walking clothing hangers, which I suppose is the point- you wanna see the clothes, not the body they are in. It’s sad.

posted over 1 year ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I understand the point of them.

They are there to be a clothes hanger. They’re not supposed to distract from the clothes. The slimmer they are, the most “invisible” they appear and therefore the clothes are the focus. A curvier girl, no matter how amazing she looked, would attract more attention than the clothes would.

Not to mention the fact that sample sizes are cheaper to make since they use less fabric.

A lot of girls happen to be slim and I think the backlash against size zero is causing more harm than good. Naturally slim girls are being persecuted.

By the way, I say all this as a plus-size girl.

posted over 1 year ago

MissMellalina
Style_council
MissMellalina

I was actually in Israel when they passed that law. It was a very thrilling moment. I definitely promote living a healthy lifestyle.

posted over 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

i think the initiative sounds pretty good..

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION