Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

Kept hearing of hipster-hipsters those days around, while doing some reading on the Internet an article described them like

…a hipster will sit next to you, tell you about his last trip to Paris or Berlin, and how he has a better camera than you and you can’t understand why, watches indie movies and wears wierd combinations of clothes, nerd glasses and bright color.

What’s with all the labeling around?

posted about 3 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

lolz hipsters jokes aren’t really about labeling any sort of social group or style. Hipsters…are a joke. A sort of running internet meme. It’s just entertaining to make fun of the ridiculousness of some people.

but if you really want to get into labeling, they sort of label themselves and accept the label. like goths or punks tend to do. and like we women who proudly call ourselves fashionistas do.

posted about 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I saw this cartoon today and it seemed to fit this post perfectly: http://dustinland.com/archives/archives464.html

As usual, labels are relative and about making the people using the labels feeling good about themselves, whether they are labeling themselves or others. Hispter is one of those weird ones where some people think it’s an insult and some people proudly self-identify.

posted about 3 years ago

glitterpeacock
Style_council
glitterpeacock

It all seems to be about pseudo-intelligence (claiming to be ‘into’ Nabokov) and using the word ‘ironic’ incorrectly.

Our London hipsters all seem to have fled to Brooklyn. There was a time (circa 2008/9) where you couldn’t turn on a radio, TV, or flick through a magazine without seeing Peaches/Pixie Geldof, Alexa Chung, Nick Grimshaw, Daisy Lowe or Agyness Deyn.

posted about 3 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

loved that cartoon, thanks for the explanations girls :D

posted about 3 years ago

ReineRobot
New_user ReineRobot is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When ReineRobot reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ReineRobot

This a a good article.
“link it” http://www.adbusters.org/magazine/79/hipster.html

posted about 3 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I like to say that I"m into hipster culture and things that hipsters like, but i’m not a hipster. I love underground music and cameras and traveling and all that, but I’m not going to look down on people who don’t. If people haven’t heard of a band I like, I want to share it with them, not tell them that they’re not cool enough. you know?

posted about 3 years ago

New_user 263161 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 263161 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

HAH. I just read an ironic post for the girl above.

I don’t believe in them, and find the constant labeling of anything completely ridiculous and irrelevant to who they actually are as a person.

posted over 2 years ago

Mellanovha
Style_council
Mellanovha

I think sometimes people likes to act in one way just to get attention…

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION