Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kat_mauvais
Style_council
kat_mauvais

Please check out my blog post on this topic. It’s a good question that I find interesting. Please follow and comment on the blog directly if you can – I will be happy to return the favor!

http://zanniplainjanefashion.blogspot.com/2011/03/guys-and-fashion-what-do-they-think.html

posted almost 4 years ago
triplethread
Style_council
triplethread

Hey, I loved your post but only team members can comment and alas I am not.
Generally I find that my guy friends want girls to look like girls. Very feminine and soft styles appeal to them most. I’m not opposed to that, but generally I don’t find myself dressing for boys. If I did I probably wouldn’t wear tulle maxi skirts or boyfriend jeans or five inch wedges on a day to day basis ;). I definitely find myself dressing more for girls (or myself) than for guys!

kat_mauvais
Style_council
kat_mauvais

D’oh! Super smart me assumed that “members of this blog” meant “followers” – oops! You should be able to comment again. I guess that would explain the lack of comments lately…argh.

And good point! And high five for five-inch wedges. I do the same thing.

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I just leave a comment for your post, but unfortunately I can’t follow your blog and I don’t know why. maybe next time I’ll try :)

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I don’t know, my guy friends will compliment me or one of my friends if we’re wearing something nice, but if we go into a full blown fashion conversation, he zones out rather quickly. hahaha. Well, some guys are a bit more attentive to how they dress. My boyfriend gushes when he gets a new pair of shoes, but not as much as when he gets a limited edition Radiohead single autographed (example) on eBay. haha.

I dress for myself and slightly for other females. I’ve never really dressed to impress guys unless it was a date or a dance or something. That’s it haha. The only thing some of my guy friends notice is if I have shortshorts on or if my hair is straight (it’s curly haha)

kayl
Style_council
kayl

I definitely agree with what you’re saying!

More than anything, I dress for myself. And then, more for females than males. I don’t really aim to impress guys with how I dress. Most guys don’t really care. But I LOVE when they do hahhaa.
Most of my close guys friends don’t even really notice what I’m wearing. And when I do try to talk about fashion or about their style, they don’t really have much to say either. I’ve yet to come across a male who is even slightly interested in fashion…

posted over 3 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

i think i definitely dress for myself, because i just like clothes in general. whenever me and bf go shopping i always ask for his opinion, and sometimes we don’t see eye to eye on certain clothing choices, but it doesn’t stop me from buying anyways

i asked my bf his opinion about fashion, and mostly he said he doesn’t like it when somebody just looks overdone or trying to hard, which under this criteria it just depends on the guy’s standards.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION