Twitter
Googleplus
flattery
Style_icon
flattery

I just love good lines.

Post your favourite quotes from movies.

Heres some of mine:

“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” – Moulin Rouge

“For the same reason you tried to save Sirius. For the same reason your friends saved you. After all these years, after all you’ve suffered, I didn’t want to cause you any more pain. I cared too much about you. " – Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

“Was I ever crazy? Maybe. Or maybe life is… Crazy isn’t being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It’s you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever.” – Girl Interrupted

“I ask this… If there should be an assassination, I would hope that five, ten, one hundred, a thousand would rise. I would like to see every gay lawyer, every gay architect come out – - If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door… And that’s all. I ask for the movement to continue. Because it’s not about personal gain, not about ego, not about power… it’s about the “us’s” out there. Not only gays, but the Blacks, the Asians, the disabled, the seniors, the us’s. Without hope, the us’s give up – I know you cannot live on hope alone, but without it, life is not worth living. So you, and you, and you… You gotta give em’ hope… you gotta give em’ hope." – Milk

posted over 5 years ago
thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

I tend to find book quotes much more powerful. Are those allowed? :)

I get turned off by movie quotes whenever people overuse them, especially right after the movie is released. (E.g. Napoleon Dynamite and Juno quotes. Aggh.)

Go Milk!

posted over 5 years ago

Style_council

We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.

-the breakfast club

posted over 5 years ago

flattery
Style_icon
flattery

Yes say book quotes too!

posted over 5 years ago

thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

:D

“The Normal is the good smile in a child’s eyes; it is also the dead stare in a million adults….It is the Ordinary made beautiful; it is also the Average made lethal. The Normal is the indispensable, murderous God of Health, and I am his priest.” — Dysart (Equus by Schaffer)

“Cruelty is the law pervading all nature and society; and we can’t get out of it if we would.” — Phillotson (Jude the Obscure by Hardy)

“But what is common to all men of goodwill is this: that in the final analysis our works disappoint us, that we must always start again at the beginning, that the sacrifice must always be made afresh.” — Narcissus (Narcissus and Goldmund by Hesse)

“The human soul enjoys these rare, classic periods, but, apart from them, we are seldom single or unique; we keep company in this world with a hoard of abstractions and reflections and counterfeits of ourselves — the sensual man, the economic man, the man of reason, the beast, the machine and the sleep-walker, and heaven knows what besides, all in our own image, indistinguishable from ourselves to the outward eye.” — Ryder (Brideshead Revisited by Waugh)

posted over 5 years ago

AnnaKonduh
Style_council
AnnaKonduh

We were all feeling a bit shagged and fagged and fashed, it being a night of no small expenditure.

-Alex, A Clockwork Orange

^Kinda random quote, oh well.

posted over 5 years ago

Champagne
Style_council
Champagne

‘It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I’ll give you two.’ -Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

‘Take car. Go to Mum’s. Kill Phil – “Sorry.” – grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How’s that for a slice of fried gold?’ -Shaun of the Dead.

posted over 5 years ago

roxanne_ox
Style_council
roxanne_ox

“The first rule is, there are no rules”

not a memorable quote or anything, just stupid,
man, i love the dragonball movie. people think it’s stupid, but i went in with an open mind. it’s not an amazingly done film, but i still love it. also, justin chatwin is mighty fine.

oh, my REAL favourite – “never despair. never surrender” from watchmen. i’m thinking about making it into a tattoo

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

^^ i also liked “never compromise, even in the face of armageddon” .

posted over 5 years ago

summerkay
Style_council
summerkay

“You, my friend, are a codfish” – Peter Pan

posted over 5 years ago

thefieldsofelysium

thefieldsofe...

Continuing in the vein of Watchmen quotes, as I finally bought the graphic novel…

[Caution: Existential misanthropy ahead.]

“We have labored long to build a heaven, only to find it populated with horrors.” — Glass

“I tread a lurching timber world: a reeking, salt-caked hell; and yet, perhaps, no worse a world than yours, where bishops stroll through charnel yards with pomanders to smell; where vile men thrive and love crawls on all fours.” — Blackbeard, “Tales of the Black Freighter”

“Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever, and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves; go into oblivion. There is nothing else. Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us.” — Rorschach

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

^^it’s too quoteable, haha!

“life’s a joke, i’m just playing along with the gag!”

posted over 5 years ago

thefieldsofelysium

thefieldsofe...

^ Indeed! And I was able to appreciate the Comedian more, after reading the novel. Also…

“Manners.” — Ozymandias

I laughed out loud at that one. :D

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

Me too! ahh good times :’)

posted over 5 years ago

JessyHEARTS
Style_council
JessyHEARTS

“History’s just one F”*!@£g thing after another"

History Boys

Love it, Dominic Cooper!

posted over 5 years ago

hollywood_seeks
Style_council
hollywood_seeks

Had to bump this!

Pretty much all of Benjamin Button for me, I love that film more than any other!

‘For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again. ’

’You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go. ’

posted over 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

-“There are times when life calls out for a change. A transition. Like the seasons. Our spring was wonderful, but summer is over now and we missed out on autumn. And now, all of a sudden, it’s cold. So cold that everything is freezing over. Over love fell asleep and the snow took it by surprise. But if you fall asleep in the snow, you don’t feel death coming” (Paris Je t’aime)

-“When I feel someone is going to leave me, I have a tendency to break up first before I get to hear the whole thing. Here it is. One more, one less. Another wasted love story. I really love this one…” (2 Days in Paris)

-“It’s the only way to leave, ‘I don’t love you, Goodbye’” (Closer)

posted over 5 years ago

Newdall
Style_council
Newdall

I have to inject a little Lord of the Rings in here.

“I can’t carry it for you, but I can carry you! Come on!” -Sam (LOTR)

“For Frodo.” -Aragorn (LOTR)

“I don’t think you understand! I’m not locked in here with you! You’re locked in here with me!” -Rorschach (Watchmen) haha

“You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.” -Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice) I love how he stutters

As Harold took a bite of Bavarian sugar cookie, he finally felt as if everything was going to be ok. Sometimes, when we lose ourselves in fear and despair, in routine and constancy, in hopelessness and tragedy, we can thank God for Bavarian sugar cookies. And, fortunately, when there aren’t any cookies, we can still find reassurance in a familiar hand on our skin, or a kind and loving gesture, or subtle encouragement, or a loving embrace, or an offer of comfort, not to mention hospital gurneys and nose plugs, an uneaten Danish, soft-spoken secrets, and Fender Stratocasters, and maybe the occasional piece of fiction. And we must remember that all these things, the nuances, the anomalies, the subtleties, which we assume only accessorize our days, are effective for a much larger and nobler cause. They are here to save our lives. I know the idea seems strange, but I also know that it just so happens to be true. And, so it was, a wristwatch saved Harold Crick. -Karen Eiffel (Stranger Than Fiction) Sorry, it was more like a monolouge.

posted over 5 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

I don’t even believe in god, but one movie that I love over and over again is Jesus Christ Superstar, it’s so powerful, and has great rock music… so many quotes…from there.

“The end is just a little harder when brought about by friends. For all you care, this wine could be my blood. For all you care, this bread could be my body. The end. This is my blood you drink, this is my body you eat. If you could, remember me when you eat and drink. "

“I only ask things I’d ask any superstar. What is it that you have got that puts you where you are? "

and my favorite movie it’s a wonderful life…

“Why don’t you kiss her instead of talking her to death?
You want me to kiss her, huh?
Ah. youth is wasted on the wrong people.”

posted over 5 years ago

secretlover
Style_council
secretlover

~ Where is this love? I can’t see it, I can’t touch it. I can’t feel it. I can hear it. I can hear some words, but I can’t do anything with your easy words.~ Alice

~ What’s so great about the truth? Try lying for a change, it’s the currency of the world.~ Dan

From the Movie, Closer.

posted about 5 years ago

rebecca_rose
Style_council
rebecca_rose

From " THE NOTEBOOK"

So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… everyday. … ~ Young Noah

Love that quote so much!!!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION