Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

Where are you from, and what’s your favorite food characteristic of your culture? I’m always looking to try dishes from other places.

I’m from the States, and love myself a good grilled cheese w/ a egg over medium. Delish!

posted about 1 year ago
BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I was born in Russia, and I love this salad called “Herring under a Fur Coat”. Its basically a cold layered salad of pickled herring, boiled potatoes, carrots, pickles, green apple, and beets, topped with boiled egg and mayo

posted about 1 year ago

nitab
Style_council
nitab

im fron Trinidad, and i eat everything, lol no joke. But since my family is from the islands we are huge on carribean food as well as heavily spiced foods- from Jamaica to cuba to india to china. I love it!

posted about 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I’m from America and I’m like nitab: I eat everything! Probably a little too much of everything, haha. Asian foods and breakfast foods are my favorite. I am very lucky to work for a man from China who only eats Chinese food, mostly Sichuan and he loves cooking for me! It’s all so good! I am also lucky to be from Seattle, which has a huge population of people from all over the Pacific rim, so we have a very wide selection of restaurants. Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese, Cantonese, even Russian! Pho is said to be Seattle’s soul food :)

posted about 1 year ago

Dinolaura
Style_council
Dinolaura

I’m from Brazil and I must say we eat a lot of pasta, meat and this typical dish called “arroz com feijão” (black beans and rice). It’s not my favourite though! I prefer “carreteiro”, one of the most popular dishes from my region. It’s a mixture of rice, beef (cubed) and onions. Sound pretty simple, but it’s definitely delicious. :)

posted about 1 year ago

daniellebrns
Style_council
daniellebrns

I’m from the States but I love Filipino cuisine. Chicken adobo, singang, pancit, turons, lumpia. You name it, I love it!

posted about 1 year ago

StylisticallyAcc
Style_council
Stylisticall...

I’m from Canada and I love me some POUTINE!

posted 12 months ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

from the states, but the city where I live has a huge variation of Asian food from Shanghai to Thai, so I’d probably say I like Asian food the best! (:

posted 12 months ago

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

I’m American and I really love Italian and Mexican food but I’m also quite fond of Indian food!

I really love Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Korma, and Chicken Malai <3 yum

posted 11 months ago

K_J_O
New_user K_J_O is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When K_J_O reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
K_J_O

I go with Mexican food.food… Don’t get me wrong, it tastes great, Just because it’s not fattening and oily.

posted 11 months ago

dorathelauren
Style_council
dorathelauren

i adore every type of food that i’ve tired. i love vietnamese, chinese, mexican, italian, japanese, and korean, as well as greek and indian. i don’t have a favorite. it just depends on my mood

posted 11 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION