Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I’m trying to save money, so I want to cook myself lunch and dinner every day. The problem is that I am not that good of a cook :( The only thing I can make is pesto pasta with tuna and sundried tomatoes. Can anyone share an easy recipe with me?

posted over 1 year ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Hey, that’s a start! I used to make pasta cassoroles all the time with tuna, cherry tomatos, mushrooms and fresh peas in alfredo sauce, then bake it in the oven for 10 or 15 until the cheese on top browns (grate up any cheese and mix it with some breadcrumbs) bake at around 400 :)

Seafood is also very easy to prepare and cook, I love buying bags of frozen shrimp and pan frying them in butter and lemon juice until pink. Serve with rice or a salad _

posted over 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Ooohh the casserole sounds like a good idea! Plus I can eat the leftovers for days. Thanks!! :)

posted over 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

Well the easiest meal by far would involve rice. I like to stir-fry rice by putting (cooked) rice in a pan and adding a couple eggs. Once the eggs are fully cooked/scrambled, I thaw veggies in the microwave (e.g. broccoli) and add them in. A small, cheap rice cooker would make things a lot easier.

You could make a big batch of some sort of hearty salad—like a quinoa summer salad—and use that for lunch/dinner.

You could make little chicken pot pies out from a muffin tin (they sell mixed canned vegetables, that makes life a lot easier). Or make mini pizzas using pita bread and a toaster oven.

Mexican food is pretty easy to make, and very filling. You could try enchiladas or tacos :).

I think it’s always good to have frozen food lying around, like frozen chicken breasts and veggies. Pasta/pasta sauce is also good to have in case you can’t think of anything else.

posted over 1 year ago

IvanaOsmond
Style_council
IvanaOsmond

Doughnut?
i thought that was easy because yesterday i just made it :)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION