Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Necca
Style_council
Necca

I was just wondering because I got mine out to use today.

I feel though that I am cheating by using digital art because it’s 100xeasier than traditional.

posted over 4 years ago
becalala
Style_council
becalala

It’s not really cheating, it’s still very hard to do! I’ve tried it before but I couldn’t get used to it, I prefer hand drawing :P

posted over 4 years ago

Necca
Style_council
Necca

Well my reasoning is that you can change colors/erase things completely out of the picture which is very hard to do with traditional methods. I need to stop using it so much, my lovely watercolor pencils are crying for me.

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i’m awful at it, i can’t even write with a tablet, but my boyfriend’s got his and he’s amazing at it. he does these sketches that are just like…wow.

posted over 4 years ago

zerofournine
Style_council
zerofournine

i want to get one as soon as possible.. i go to school for design, and we have some at the labs. they make everything so much faster its ridiculous.

posted over 4 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

Digital art isn’t easier than traditional. It just has a different way of working, yes you can erase and alter and all of that with digital, but it takes more time and has its own obsticles. I don’t think one can compare which one is easier/harder. It’s like comparing two types of fruits, just appreciate the one you have in its world and dont compare it to another. :/

I do both traditional (markers, used to paint/pastel, colored pencils) and digitial and I have been for a few years with my beautiful tablet which i love. It’s not cheating, it’s hard work.

posted over 4 years ago

lilmeg
Style_council
lilmeg

I find that digital art is waaayyy harder than traditional, at least for me. It’s probably a testament to my obsession with detail — I’m not as deft with the tablet, so I miss out on a lot of opportunity for subtlety in my digital drawings as opposed to my traditional work. That said, I find that when I do use digital media, it makes my art look more presentable with less effort, whereas if I wanted to make a print of some of my pencil drawings, I’d have to go through a lot of effort to polish them up.

ANYWAY, so yeah, I don’t think tablets are cheating! It’s just different. I do love mine, though, regardless of my lack of skill when using it. ;)

posted over 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I have a tablet but ever since I went to college, its been collecting dust =( Digital art has its perks, definitely, but I find some things easier to do with traditional media. Draw clean lines, for example, is SO difficult for me with digital art. It always gets all shaky. On paper I can draw clean lines no problem. Coloring, I have to admit, is easier with photoshop since the canvas does not get saturated and you can keep on adding colors until you’re satisfied. With color pencils the paper will only take on so much color and then you can’t do anything to it anymore. Highlights I forgot about can also be added easily with photoshop. They are just two different experiences =)

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i would love one but i’m more of a pencil/paper kind of girl

posted over 4 years ago

Kittany
Style_council
Kittany

I had a tablet, but I found it hard to get used to. I feel much more comfortable with pen and paper and then if I want to experiment with something digitally, I usually scan my drawings in and play around with them in Photoshop or Illustrator.

I don’t think there’s anyway to really cheat with art… it just depends on what you want to express and how you go about doing it. :)

posted about 4 years ago

MakeupxSparkles
New_user MakeupxSparkles is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When MakeupxSparkles reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MakeupxSparkles

posted about 4 years ago

MakeupxSparkles
New_user MakeupxSparkles is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When MakeupxSparkles reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MakeupxSparkles

posted about 4 years ago

victoriya
Style_council
victoriya

i have a tablet. i draw with graffiti on facebook and use art pad for other things.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION