Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

I was watching a documentary, as usual, about black holes. So I started thinking; What if you were sucked into a black hole while exploring space (on a field trip via The Magic School bus…ha!!) and you entered another universe and landed on a planet where the concept of God(s) was foreign to its inhabitants. Or a place where believing in God was immoral? or even illegal? There is no going back. How would you adjust?

posted over 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

It would be strange and probably harder than we would think. I think no matter who or what you believe in, human beings have this need to feel that there is something or someone else bigger than them. So I guess that brings up another question. In this alternate universe, would you be allowed to believe in fate and/or luck, or would these also be forbidden?

posted over 2 years ago

lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

I don’t think I would adjust, I would try to spread the word of God even if it ment punishment.

posted over 2 years ago

NowhereGirl
Style_council
NowhereGirl

Well, since I don’t believe in any god in this universe, I would adapt quit well in that point in an other universe. I would, and I hope that I don’t offence anyone, think it would be kind of nice if there wasn’t any religion (even if I think that it is wrong to forbid people from believing), because it feels like religion often can cause problems in this world. Now I DON’T mean that religion is something bad and everyone who do belive in God or any form of gods are bad or stupid, I am just not a believer.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I think people get religion and sprituality confused. They are not one in the same. Religion is an institution. Spirituality is what you believe and does not require a community of other people. You can believe in God and not be a Christian. Vice versa, too. You can struggle with your faith, but that doesn’t mean you are not a part of the place of worship you attend.

posted over 2 years ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

I HATE religion but i do believe there is something bigger than us. Religion has brought many many wars upon this planet and many people have died because of it (the Crusades) and that was certainly not what God wanted.
But I’m not a very spiritual person either. While i do believe in God and in some miracles, i don’
t pray that much and I don’t go to church. So i think i would adapt well in that planet.

posted over 2 years ago

jasmine19
Style_council
jasmine19

I would never adjust, I would still believe in god And be guided by him through that life

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION