SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  booksconditionpaperbackreadreading
SouffleGirl
Style_council
SouffleGirl

When you read books, usually paperback, do you try to keep them in mint condition or do you like the wear and tear?

I personally like them as pristine as possible, but I’m high maintenance. I borrow books from a friend and she doesn’t mind the wear and tear (great for me because it puts a lot fo pressure off of me to keep it in good condition) I carry my books in a gallon ziploc bag (and my friends’ books), just cause I don’t want anything from my purse or bag to get on it, pen marks, lotion bottle mishaps or just everyday grime.

posted 8 months ago
SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

As much as I would like to keep my books in a nice condition, when I really get into a book I take it with me everywhere and I am usually not very careful with it :P

Speaking of books, what kind of books do you like to read? Have any good book recommendations?

posted 8 months ago

SouffleGirl
Style_council
SouffleGirl

Never really sure how to post a reply to a certain commenter. And SarahCS, saw your reply to the other book thread, I read Ender’s Game and saw the trailer to the movie coming out, I hope that it follows the book’s story line because it looks different, like they tweaked a major part of the plot of the book, but it could just be a misleading trailer.

I’m currently reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami and
I’m also getting through the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin but taking my time because it’ll be a while till the next few books are released. But if you like Game of Thrones, this is the book series it’s based on.
I’m really into sci-fi/fantasy/young adult so another few series…
The Mortal Instrument (also being turned into a major motion picture) by Cassandra Clare
Blue Blood by Melissa De La Cruz
Anything written by Neil Gaiman (American Gods or The Sandman series)
Sabriel by Garth Nix
American born Chinese by Gene Leung

posted 8 months ago

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

I really hope it follows the book to! We’ll see what happens! Even if they don’t though it’s still a really cool story that takes place in a really cool place! I’m really looking forward to all of the battles! I also hope they include the fantasy game, the whole thing with the Buggers at the end of the book was just totally awesome! (I’m trying really hard not to spoil the book for anyone who hasn’t read it)

I’ve heard of the other books you mentioned but I haven’t read any yet so I’m really excited to add them to my reading list! I’m always looking for new books! :)

If you like Fantasy you should try reading The Demon King by Cinda Chima. It’s part of the 4 part series about a street rat and a princess and how their lives intersect! It takes place in this medieval kind of setting with wizards and queens and kings and battle school and wizard school and it’s just a really great story with really great characters! I love it <3>s next on my list :3

posted 8 months ago

SouffleGirl
Style_council
SouffleGirl

SarahCS, ever heard of the website goodreads? It’s an easy way to share or keep track of books you’re reading, kinda like a big book club. I’m on it and so are my “read” “reading” and “to read” lists.

posted 8 months ago

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

That sounds amazing D:
I’m going to go check it out right now!

posted 8 months ago

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

HOW HAVE I NEVER KNOWN ABOUT THIS!? It’s so awesome :D

posted 8 months ago

dorathelauren
Style_council
dorathelauren

i love it when they’re in mint condition. it’s natural that they wear out, so if it happens, oh well. but i like to keep my books nice and neat

posted 8 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION