Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sensenotcents
Style_council
sensenotcents

I’m looking to invest into a board… but I don’t really know what I’m doing. I would mostly be using it to go to the grocery store thats 5mi. from campus and going around town and campus. Just to cruise. I’m actually pretty clumsy, so this may take a while to get used to.

Suggestions?

I was thinking a mini longboard that is dropped because I am of a small stature. IDK! and where is the best place to get one?

posted about 2 years ago
HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

Honestly drop through long boards are more expensive but it you’re a beginner it’s worth it. How comfortable you are on it really comes down to just standing on a bunch of boards on a carpet and practice turn leans to see how deep it goes and how comfortable you feel with it. If you can I’d go wit a drop through with cut outs so you don’t get wheel bite and go flying with your groceries. try to find something with a little more of a curve at the top of the deck that’ll hug your feet more. As for turning, the longer the board the less easy to manuever and with a drop through you have less room to go down to turn but honestly since you are just cruising and not getting a board to slide with the length comes down to your comfort. I personally felt better with a longer deck because I had more room to put my back foot down on if I started to loose my balance or hit a pebble or something.

And another thing! When you stand on them try bouncing on them lightly, the less you bounce the more you’ll probably feel comfortable. Board flexibility isn’t a bad thing but for what you seem to be looking for may not be the best characteristic to have. Basically just ask the shop guy or gal about the ply number so you don’t have to bounce on a million boards for the same result haha

posted about 2 years ago

sensenotcents
Style_council
sensenotcents

Thanks so much for your help! The ply # though, is there a particular one to look for?

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

How long does it take to get used to?im thinking about getting one too

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION