Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  clothingdressesfashionjewelry
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

hey everyone!
I was just wondering how people came up with their usernames…
I know some are self explanatory (like people’s names!) but what are some other reasons you chose the username you’re using? Is it an item you love, your favourite word, a word describing your personality or just because it sounds cool??

I chose my username (coldlight) because it’s a song name by one of my fave bands, the yeah yeah yeahs. It’s not my favourite song by that band any means, but I like the way the words sound! a bit poetic maybe, hehe :P

posted over 5 years ago
1 2 3 5
I_am_that
Style_council
I_am_that

i don’t remember what show it is, but the host said that she prefer “i am that rather than….” and i liked it too…so now I_AM_THAT

posted almost 3 years ago

Shoofi
New_user Shoofi is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Shoofi reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Shoofi

My username appears as shoofi, though I originally wanted it to be shoofi shantati. Oh well, I guess Shoofi does the job too. ‘Shoofi Shantati’ is Arabic for ‘Look at my purse/handbag’. Shoofi simply means ‘look’ …and I guess that pretty much sums me up: I love attention =D (for the most part!)

iamSHE
Style_council
iamSHE

my username’s actually my nickname. :)

arraabella
Style_council
arraabella

I got it from Meg Cabot’s book. I also associate it with my personality :)

posted over 2 years ago

oliviadeathstain
Style_council
oliviadeaths...

olivia=name, deathstain= the most scene kid phrase I could come up with…really wish i could change it to oliviaba7x….which is olivia=my name b=last name initial a7x=favorite band

posted over 2 years ago

frictioninyourjeans
Style_council
frictioninyo...

The username I usually use was taken and my friend offered this one as a joke. I didn’t think I’d grow to become addicted to Chictopia, I probably would have made a more family friendly name then.

posted over 2 years ago

thebackstagediva
Style_council
thebackstage...

thebackstagediva. behind the scene is my forte. i am the director rather than the actor. i am the songwriter rather than the singer. i am more intrapersonal. i work better on my own.

posted over 2 years ago

meowy
Style_council
meowy

I love cats and always use the word ‘meow’ (i like to pretend i’m a cat) but I figured the word itself was too plain and didn’t sound enough like a name, so yeah, add on the ‘y’ and there you have it, MEOWY. =D

posted 11 months ago

Chessy
Style_council
Chessy

Chessy comes from franCESCa which was my high school nickname which all my girlfriends called me by. Francesca is an Italian name but I had a british education.

posted 5 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

my username isn't incredibly creative "Liz" is a nickname, my middle name is Elizabeth and my mom wanted my first name to be Elizabeth but they decided not to because she didn't want people calling me "Liz" but I actually like it. The funny thing is she used to call me "Lizzy" as a kid sometimes.

Olsen is my married name, however, I have not legally changed my name and for work purposes still go by my "maiden" name (maiden name sounds so old school).

2011 is the year I got married to Mr. Olsen :)

http://www.lookfortheoccasion.com lovely looks
posted 4 months ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

My user name started as my E'bay seller name. My name is amorphous_face for two different reasons.   First of all I am able to morph into many different looks. I often have people I know tell me "I didn't even recognize you."   I just have an ability to change and look like a different person when I put on makeup and get dressed up.  Second of all I seem to have a forgetable face.  People will meet me several times and never remember they met me. I think I could have worked for the CIA as I seem to be able to blend into the background and not stand out.

posted 4 months ago

TaraNaTashaDA
New_user TaraNaTashaDA is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TaraNaTashaDA reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TaraNaTashaDA

Mine started as as a quick and memorable way to describe what I do.  I don't know how well that's doing, but I like how it sounds so I'm keeping it. :)

posted 4 months ago

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

My username is actually my nickname and also the name of my boutique :) http://mishpish.com/ 

posted 3 months ago
1 2 3 5
REPLY TO DISCUSSION