SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  clothingdressesfashionjewelry
kokonzai2
Style_council
kokonzai2

i recently purchased an american apparel DENIM pencil skirt. i’m planning to wear it for a casual everyday basis kind of thing..but i’m not sure what shoes i can pair it with. What shoe can i wear with the skirt and top that isn’t a heel without looking stumpy?

posted about 6 years ago
sooshi
Style_council
sooshi

Some flat oxfords would look nice. I think it depends where the skirt ends, if you don’t have long legs, it might look a bit stumpy.

posted about 6 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

I think flats with pencil skirts are classic, but look for flats that won’t shorten your legs—sneakers and lace ups cut off the line of the leg at the ankle, instead maybe some low cut ballet flats and pointy toe shoes (though I personally don’t like these) also lengthen the line of the legs. Just avoid ankle straps or mary-janes.

posted about 6 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

i have a few pencil skirts. a low wedge with no strap would look nice too.

posted about 6 years ago

fairysoul806
Style_council
fairysoul806

the possibilities are endless my dear. strappy sandals, white sneakers, ballerina, ankle boot (flat) and anything else your lovely little mind can dream of. please post pics of whatever you decide :)

posted about 6 years ago

Jody
Style_council
Jody

the only thing you can’t wear are flat or round toe boots!! even pointy, heeled boots look weird!! i wear a pencil skirt every day to work and i usually war any kind of low heel or flats. it is very versatile and my favourite item in my wardrobe!!

posted over 5 years ago

rubot
Style_council
rubot

id go with shoes over boots as well.

but minus that criteria id say you can pull off almost any type of shoe if you do it right/it suits your outfit/personal style…oxfords, white pumps and even converse etc look fine with pencil skirts with the right ensemble up top, imo. :]

posted over 5 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

Black booties. This is what I wear.

posted over 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

I love to see and wear a denim skirt with some ballet flats. One of my favorite combos.

posted over 5 years ago

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

I love ballet flats – casual 50s inspired chic a la Audrey Hepburn! Any size heels look good for a more dressed up look as well. For a more punked up look, you could wear Chuck Taylors and pair the skirt w/ a band t. So many ways you can rock it!

posted over 5 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

You need height with pencil skirts. It elongates the leg because I feel that sometimes pencil skirts have a shortening effect. you should try it with a simple pump or a strappy heel. Something light and high

posted over 5 years ago

lauralovestoshop
Style_council
lauralovesto...

I would have to agree that majority of people look best in some kind of heel when wearing a pencil skirt. Even a small heel would be ok. If you simply cannot wear a heel I also would recommend a ballet flat.

posted over 5 years ago

EmilyHendren
Style_council
EmilyHendren

I agree with most people’s posts, but I’d also add that you’ll want to avoid sandals with a strap that wraps around the ankle if you’re looking for that long-leg look. Shoes that expose the top of the foot or shoes that are a color with hues your skin tone will also make your legs appear longer without tacking on any heel. Have fun!

posted over 5 years ago

MissRoLL
Style_council
MissRoLL

pump shoes…
they are perfect to be worn w/ pencil skirt ^^

posted over 5 years ago

fauxfur
Style_council
fauxfur

Pumps/Booties!

posted over 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

There is a time for both Pumps and Flats with a pencil skirt. It depends if you are going casual or not.

posted over 5 years ago

miumiumymy
Style_council
miumiumymy

It honestly depends on your height. I’m 5 feet so I always wear a heel. But if your taller theres more of a choice because you don’t have the fear of looking stumpy.

posted over 5 years ago

Dashingde
Style_council
Dashingde

i think tall pumps or some type of ankle boot pumps would look nice

posted about 5 years ago

maliciousmallory
Style_council
maliciousmal...

I have a couple business-y pencil skirts that I wear with either black heels or black flats, depending on where I’m going. Flats look fine with them, sometimes better :)

posted about 5 years ago

reagansimone
Style_council
reagansimone

pumps are always sexy with a pencil skirt :) but they are inconvenient…
check out gojane.com for some pointed flats :)

posted about 5 years ago

vainillaBEAn
Style_council
vainillaBEAn

heels or ballet flats!

posted over 4 years ago

Katy90
Style_council
Katy90

ballet flats!

posted over 4 years ago

loveonthebackseat
Style_council
loveonthebac...

Pumps! Gives it that sexy edge! :D

posted over 4 years ago

sophi
Style_council
sophi

I think denim pencil skirts look best with suede shoes. Whether they’re flat or heeled is all up to you, but I think the don’t-break-your-leg-line advice is quite sage.

posted over 4 years ago

denycemartinez
Style_council
denycemartinez

I’d suggest a cute flat that compliments your top.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION