Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lyralyra
Style_council
lyralyra

the character, the show, the everything!
for me, it must definitely be that beauty really is on the inside. Betty just grows more and more gorgeous by the episode, i feel, as the viewers grow to love her.
another thing must be how bizarre the world of fashion can be.. some characters might be stereotypes, but stereotypes are always based on some sort of truth!

posted about 6 years ago
bexlea
Style_council
bexlea

I thought that a lot of her clothes, on their own, were actually quite nice and I know many were designer, but when she wore them all at once it looked trashy! I learnt that its not necessarily what you wear, its how you wear them!

posted about 6 years ago

lulu
Style_council
lulu

Lyra, after working at a NYC based fashion magazine, a NYC based fashion pr firm, and a NYC based fashion label. I can DEFINITELY say some stereotypes are very true.

posted about 6 years ago

lyralyra
Style_council
lyralyra

oh my Lulu. both the positive and the negative ones? i always have a hard time believing stereotypical people to really be that defined by those one or two traits of theirs. it’s interesting, trying to find something more complex within them, but sometimes, you just can’t. it’s made me lose a little faith in my youth, to be honest.
do you feel like this is how it is everywhere, Lulu, or is it in your opinion, a ‘NYC thing’?

posted about 6 years ago

lulu
Style_council
lulu

There are good and bad ones most definitely. I’ve met some wonderful characters in my experience. Hilarious and full of crazy energy.
And then there are the bad ones. The ones that you get the feeling that the industry is really all they have in their life. Sometimes you want to hug them, but then you realize they’d probably sell your soul in order to get ahead.
It’s not so much a youth thing, as it is an industry thing.

posted about 6 years ago

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

I loved Ugly Betty and what she wears. It taught me to experiment more and not care x

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

i’m going to herald Hilda as a style icon here. neon, lycra, capris – she rocked it!

posted over 5 years ago

fetchezlavache
Style_council
fetchezlavache

what about last nights episode?

drama ensues

i actually really love what amanda wears (even if she is a pain in the you know where) i’ve been able to point out designers and have recognized things from magazines

posted over 5 years ago

ruuth
Style_council
ruuth

It taught me to do the exact opposite of anything they do on that show, cos they all look horrendous!! haha..

posted over 5 years ago

MallyJ
Style_council
MallyJ

lately though,
betty’s been sporting some pretty cute stuff. Not in necessarily nice combinations,
but she wore an absolutely adorable yellow coat with a bow on the neck.

posted over 5 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

Ugly Betty is so funny! I like how the show is done, like every part of it! I hope they’ll keep up the good work!

posted over 5 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

Betty taught me to be who i am and love myself. Even though many people think she’s ugly, she’s becoming more beautiful in every episode!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION