Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chocofusion
Style_council
chocofusion

so normally i’m a person who really loves fashion and would totally spend time putting together an outfit or at least make sure nothings looks funny before i leave home. i know some people don’t really care, like one of my friend just blindly pick a top and a bottom each morning, but sometims he ends up with brown shirt/green pants (not a good thing).

so each morning, i wil hear very very loud rock oldies from my radio alarm clock and unwillingly drag myself off the bed. then i wash/brush/comb and eat. this is around 7:50 and i have to catch the bus in 10. so i look in my closets, wanted to pickout tights, blazer, skirt etc, but the temperature outside is around -15 and the snow is 15cm deep. since nothing really look good with my artic boots and innuit jacket, i always ended up grabbing thick industrial quality jeans and some equally warm hoodies. and that’s the uniform of my life… sigh. i find it funny how women in paris would wear thick fur coats with bare legs and heels, won’t they get artheritis before they are 30? so i bascially look forward to spring/summer everyday.

i know i should really put together outfits the night before, but i nevr really got around to it cuz of the 10 tests i had in the past 2 weeks. and i sleep at 1:30 most of the time.

posted over 5 years ago
heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

This sounds like a pretty typical complaint about Canadian winters! I find its easier to look chic when there is not snow on the ground, no matter how cold. Once there is snow, then there is salt, sand and slush – all of which do not look chic all over your tights and leather boots. Bright scarves and hats make a uniform of coat, denim and boots look a little less boring. And I’m pretty sure that you can’t get arthritis from wearing inappropriate foot and legwear in the winter – just cold feet and legs!

posted over 5 years ago

fauxfur
Style_council
fauxfur

I feel ya, girl. I live in Boston and this is my dilemma almost everyday during the winter. Bah.

posted over 5 years ago

queenelizabeth
Style_icon
queenelizabeth

I’m from Boston too, and I usually change into my “nice” shoes once I get to school and just wear some old boots while walking…it works pretty well and it means I don’t have to get salt stains all over my new shoes :P
Oh and I also wake up really early because I take a long time to get dressed..lol

posted over 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

I do plan out what I am going to wear the night before. I have been late too many times to figure it out in the morning. I am from Michigan and have the same issue with snow. I usually wear my boots and then change my shoes when I get where I am going!

posted over 5 years ago

frankalank
Style_council
frankalank

Living in London you get used to the cold and since 99% of the time i don’t carry an umbrella I end up 10 degrees colder than I should be. I’ve become nul to the cold as is evident in my photos so kinda dress pretty normally in winter. But it’s snowing [woooh] so every morning I just grab some boots, tights, jeans, loads of tops and a cardigan. I think what I’m going to wear while I’m half asleep or showing so ’ll be quicker.

posted over 5 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

It’s been cold, I mean freezing cold, and finally this weekend it was warmish. In the 40’s and now its back to cold. I hate this. I’m getting sick of my jeans. I wore them today but I got to wear one of my favorite t-shirts. I’m excited because it will be warmer on Thursday and I can bust out more of my dresses.

posted over 5 years ago

yourmotherondrugs
Style_council
yourmotheron...

i got some warm black leggins at the h&m sale last year and i wear them with almost everything. with tights underneath they are a lot warmer than jeans and allow me to wear dresses no matter what the weather is like. Another thing is, invest in a really warm AND beautiful coat, i just did and i want to leave the house just to wear it. And wear ugly, warm boots, coupled with rolled up boyfriend jeans, that looks ridiculous, but cool.
it is the only way to stay warm in winter and snow to wear warm clothes. If you want to look stylish though, put a great jacket over your boring winterclothes.

posted over 5 years ago

paigesofabook
Style_council
paigesofabook

I feel your pain, being from Calgary, we have temperatures that can hover around -30 during the winter, and our winters are not short!
I find wearing black long underwear underneath textured tights keeps you warm, and you really can’t tell!
sounds frumpy, but works well and no one knows.

posted over 5 years ago

ParisTarts
Style_council
ParisTarts

weather ruins fashion

posted over 5 years ago

Superbeckyy
Style_council
Superbeckyy

Ughh, true – I find myself wearing the same coats and boots every day now.
Try layering and adding different accessories, eg scarves & gloves, and buy a couple of extra jackets & shoes if you can. & definitely pick out your outfit the night before, you’ll thank yourself for it. :D

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION