Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Jayner
Style_council
Jayner

so I’m thinking of investing in a little black dress, as my current is looking a little dated. I found this beautiful dress from banana republic, but it has some ruffle detailing at the top. I am not exactly rolling in money right now, so if I am going to invest in a piece that is almost 200 dollars, I would like to be able to wear it for more than a season or 2. so my question is, are ruffles just a trend of the moment, or are they going to be in for years to come?
i’ll post a link to the dress for reference
http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41558&vid=1&pid=670817

posted over 5 years ago
asailorwentto_sea
Style_council
asailorwentt...

The dress that you chose is timeless, I really do doubt that this would date.
I’m one for accessories, you could make this dress look completely different when worn with a bold bracelet or a sequin blazer.
Ruffles generally don’t tend to date, I have a ruffle blouse that was my Grandma’s which she wore 30/40 years ago.

Hope this helps and persuades you to buy the lovely dress :)

posted over 5 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I can’t see that dress going out of style in the next few years. The ruffles aren’t overpowering and the shape of the dress looks so flattering! You can accesorize it so many ways too, so I say get it :) banana’s clothes are very high quality and will last for a long time.

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think because the ruffle style is quite subtle it won’t go out of style. Most minor detailing on little black dresses don’t, it’s generally only certain shapes and big details and prints that go out of style.

posted over 5 years ago

Jayner
Style_council
Jayner

thanks guys! i will definitely try it on next time i go shopping (if it is in the store)

posted over 5 years ago

Vivi_T
Style_council
Vivi_T

We all know that the little black dress never really goes out of style, no matter how many trends may come and go. You are doing right in investing in a high-quality one, and it is definitely flattering yet modest.

I do have to disagree with the jacket idea, though. The ruffles along with a sequined jacket will probably create too much volume for your upper half. The whole look should be balanced. It is a great dress for accessorizing with bold bracelets, though :) You will see the suggested items (at the bottom of the picture on the page) include a bold, glitzy ring and a pair of black pumps. I say if you want you can skip the big jewelry routine, ditch the predictable black pump for a change and throw in a pair of bold colored shoes! You’ll probably wear a purse; it will have to match. You can use jewelry to tie the knot between the accessories (shoes+bag) and the dress. The best thing is, you can be really creative while still having a solid foundation to build upon; black goes with pretty much anything :) You’ll have all these options, so it’s sure to last and be worth your money.

Hope this helps, and sorry it was so long, I got into it, lol.
Vivi

posted over 5 years ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

LBD’s are always in style and ruffles add a lot of style to outfits!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION