Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tulleandboots
Style_council
tulleandboots

I keep seeing ripped tights all over the place. What do you guys think of them?
Personally I find them kind of trashy; it’s definitely one trend I won’t be following.

posted over 7 years ago
daisymay
Style_council
daisymay

Im with you problematique. I think it is an awful trend! It looks unintentional as if you have accidentally ripped them. Some people may be able to pull it off but I shall be steering clear of it.

posted over 7 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

I think it works for some people, just not for me. I don’t think it’s really all that special, anyone can rip their tights and look like they got attacked by a dog. However, some people can make it work. Fashion is objective, not everyone is going to love or hate the same things. That’s why we have personal style.

posted over 7 years ago

BrainTwins
Style_council
BrainTwins

They do seem pretty bad at first, but there are definitely ways to make trashy into classy! A good top and some nice shoes can pull just about anything off. :)

posted over 7 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I like wearing them :) I think it can look edgy and not trashy if you wear them with the right things! I probably can’t pull it off as well as rock/punk girls though. Oh well!
I don’t like looking polished all the time anyway as I am a messy person :P Besides I rip stockings so easily, it would be a such a waste to throw them away as soon as they got a hole in them!!

posted over 7 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think it look good on some people, like the grungier types who have a just thrown together style, but I don’t think it would work well for me as I like to look a bit more neat and put together.

posted over 7 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I think it looks good with certain outfits, but not ALL the time.

posted over 7 years ago

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

i think it looks good if you naturally dress/act kinda punkish or edgy grunge. and if your on the skinnier side

posted over 7 years ago

lizeepea
Style_council
lizeepea

Honestly, I don’t have the cash to buy tights all the time, and I always seem to rip mine, so I just roll with the punches and try to rock them. Hopefully it works… Hahaha.

posted over 7 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

I like them, but maybe not for everyone? I’m not sure if I could pull them off. I told my mom how it’s becoming a trend and she totally hates the idea, lol

posted over 7 years ago

justbenatural
Style_council
justbenatural

I probably wouldn’t be able to pull them off (I’m not a big fan of wearing non-ripped ones as it is… lol), but they could like nice on some girls, like with a leather jacket, band tee and denim mini. =)

posted over 7 years ago

geekishpirate
Style_council
geekishpirate

“Lets pay more money to buy clothing that already has holes, so we don’t have to do it ourselves!”

Uh, no thanks.

posted over 7 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I really don’t lk them!! I hate when mines rip cuZ i HAve to throw them away! So yeah, i’m not gonna go buy ripped tights, when I’m throwing my already ripped ones away!

posted over 7 years ago

impactWriter
New_user impactWriter is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When impactWriter reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
impactWriter

Well it all depends o the outfit! sometimes it just fits better then non ripped tights!

posted about 6 years ago

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

ya not really my thing either…

posted about 6 years ago

Dreamlander
Style_council
Dreamlander

I’m so tired of them!
I think some people get away with it. They can even make them look classy.
But I could never follow that trend – it just makes me look like a stupid mess.

posted about 6 years ago

illq
Style_council
illq

i think they can be workable depending on the outfit your going to pair with it. I don’t think I’ll be catching myself wearing it anytime soon, but I can’t say I hate it though.

posted about 6 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

when I see ripped tights with “grungy” clothes, it just makes me think they’re trying too hard to look “idgaf” :P

posted about 6 years ago

imalyssamarie
Style_council
imalyssamarie

Yes, I like them with the outfit that gives off the appropriate vibe. Other than that, I could have SWORN this trend was done a few years ago o.O

posted about 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION