Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
dollchic
Style_council
dollchic

I have always wanted a tattoo and over the last few months i have seriously been considering it and am pretty set on getting one. I have decieded that i want a quote in handwriting down my spine i just havent decieded on the perfect quote yet, i was hoping for some suggestions or ideas of other peoples who have quotes? anything helps, thanks!
so far my top ideas are are:
1. all that is mine i carry with me (which i would get in latin: Omnia mea mecum porto)
2. guardian angel, protect me always (angele custos me semper protege) — i love this one however i am not religious at all so it might be kind of silly?
3. i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) —which is my favorite poem by e.e. cummings i just think it might seem silly cause it wouldnt be referring to any one person

PLEASE HELP!

posted over 5 years ago
summerkay
Style_council
summerkay

I like the first one the best :) It breathes independence and a kind of inner strength. One of my favorite quotes is “Feel the fear, then do it anyway,” but I don’t know if anyone would want a tattoo of that. XD

Still, I say the first is my favorite, but if not the second.

posted over 5 years ago

dollchic
Style_council
dollchic

thanks for your opinion! yah that is my first choice as well…i was actually totally set on it a little while ago but just the fact that it is a tattoo that will be with me forever i started having doubts but the first time i heard it i was like wow i love that quote!

posted over 5 years ago

lolorenee
Style_council
lolorenee

I say that you think about this a lot more before you even set foot in a tattoo shop. You aren’t ready to get anything on you, especially a large piece.

And I am not saying this to be rude in any way at all! I’m just trying to be honest and give you some advice from someone who is heavily tattooed and hangs out at a tattoo shop quite frequently.

I would say if you are having trouble deciding on what to get, as silly as this sounds, write out reasons in list form, then put them away. In a few days, come back to them, reread them with fresh eyes and compare and see if you get a more clear idea of what you want. If one sticks out more, then you know that’s the one you want to start considering; and if in a few more months, you haven’t changed your mind, you go to the shop and set up an appointment.

Also, word of advice, a shop where you have to wait to get an appointment, or that doesn’t have a TON of flash on the walls is going to be a better choice than somewhere you choose because you can get it done that day.

Sorry for getting all Momma Tattoo on you, it’s just kind of something I know a lot about and deal with everyday and tend to talk about everyday since my pieces are so prominent. Best of luck to you.

posted over 5 years ago

blonderedhead
Style_icon
blonderedhead

i have a rule that if i still want it after a year, then i’ll get it a year after i got the idea. it’s worth waiting that long to get something you’ll have forever, and you know you won’t regret it.

posted over 5 years ago

murph
Style_council
murph

You should decide yourself. I would wait another year. It’s not like a pair of shoes. You can’t return them. If you’re uncertain, wait.

posted over 5 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

Write them all out and stick them above your bed or somewhere where you’ll see them often. Whichever one your not sick of in six months is the one to get tattooed on you.

posted over 5 years ago

dollchic
Style_council
dollchic

youve all given me really helpful advice, i am definitely going to wait a little while to make sure i get the right one, thanks alot!

posted over 5 years ago

nyx
Style_council
nyx

Nothing gold can stay would be a cool quote.

posted over 5 years ago

Sexy_Sadie
Style_council
Sexy_Sadie

I loved the first one… and look here’s my advice… a friend of mine got one a really pretty one actually and after she designed it she printed it and put pictures of it all over her bedroom, and after a while she realized that she wasn’t bored of it, and that she still loved it.. and that’s when she did it… she’s been wearing it for over a year now and she still loves it!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION