Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

First of all, sorry if this is a little pedantic of me.

Can people please stop bumping up and resurrecting really, really old forum topics??
Recently I’ve been looking through the forums and on the first page I see an interesting topic where the OP is asking for advice. I click on it, read it and am about to respond when I realise that the topic is really old. Like 6 months old or even over 1 or 2 years old.

This is kind of frustrating me. It’s okay when someone bumps up a topic that is about discussion, like “what is your favourite trend” or something, but I think resurrecting really old topics which specifically ask for advice is really pointless. For example, if someone has posted a topic asking what kind of new haircut they should get, and it was posted 1 year ago- it is kind of pointless giving opinions 1 year later as they have probably already decided what they are going to do, and if they aren’t a regular poster on the forum it is highly unlikely that the original poster will ever check that forum topic ever again.
Or if someone posts a topic asking “Which of these shoes should I buy for a party next week?” it is incredibly pointless bringing up the topic 4 months later, as obviously the party would have been over long ago and they wouldn’t need the advice any more.

Sorry if that sounds kind of harsh, but I think it makes the forums a lot more crowded and confusing as old, needless topics can take up a lot of space. So please check the dates of the original posting before you decide to bump something up or comment on it!

posted about 4 years ago
KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

im sorry, after i read this, i realised i post in some of the old forums u meant! im truly sorry :)

posted about 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I don’t think you’re being harsh, I have to agree with you. Those topics are not relevant anymore, whats the point of bringing them up?

posted about 4 years ago

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

I also agree, have been replying to old topics, without realising it were old topics because they were on the first page :p very annoying…

posted about 4 years ago

JessyDust
Style_council
JessyDust

I don’t really care or mind. Newer forum members can always pick up advice from those threads.

posted about 4 years ago

S_agapoxxx
Style_council
S_agapoxxx

I don’t mind really whether the topic is old or new…I say reply to whatever you feel like :)

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION