Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
neen_cicero
Style_council
neen_cicero

ummmm…. there are so many photos in the “new photos” section that people are uploading that don’t even show your outfit… some pictures are very blurry… some just show people faces (this is a fashion site, you know that right?) … some are taken from such a far away distance to where you can hardly see the outfit (and i have good eyesight, i can assure you)… also it seems some one or a few people who can rate the photos in the “new photos” section are giving sympathy chic points, to where the picture is clearly CLEARLY not good but they just rate chic anyways… now i’m all for being a nice person but i think if this is a fashion site and if everyone is clicking on chic when it is clearly not (you can rate good or ok you know), then i think this site loses credibility as a fashion site to be honest, so i think you may be doing one person a favor by being nice (or maybe not because you are telling them they look good when they don’t, honesty is the best policy! in the long run), and then you are making the site lose its value which affects the “community” and makes those really interested in fashion not want to come back here, so please use your best judgment when rating pictures and don’t try to be every ones “best friend”… there is a reason there is a FILTER on this site before pictures go to the “style gallery”, if it was not meant to be that way then every ones photo would automaticly upload to the style gallery… just thought i would mention it because i have “heard” a few people mention this site is lacking lately and losing speed and it is my personal opinion that these are contributing to the problem…

posted almost 6 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I agree. I rarely vote at all on an photo where the whole outfit can’t be seen (unless the post is a ‘chic haves’ post) because the point in posting an outfit is to post a whole outfit, though a photo not including shoes isn’t all that bad as long as the rest of the outfit can be seen properly). I also think it’s not right that people upload photos that should be supporting photos to an outfit in entirely new posts because sometimes all photos end up in the style gallery and that’s just pointless.
Lower image quality though I can sympathise with. Not everyone has access to a decent camera so not everyone can get great quality images to upload.

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

Same here, my camera is not the best but I try to edit out the unnecessary stuff. I’m getting a little annoyed by a certain member posting non-fashion photos. Also someone posted their pic, upside down. That really bothered me, post it upright so we can see the outfit.

neen_cicero
Style_council
neen_cicero

i’m not talking about people who don’t have professional cameras, because even with out the best camera, if it is close enough and in decent lighting you should be able to see the outfit with out it looking like a blurry mess… i’m just saying, if this is a site for fashion and you’re (meaning anyone) uploading a bunch of pictures that no one can make out then what is the point in the first place… and looking at both your pictures though you say you don’t have the best cameras I CAN still see your outfits just fine, so like i said, the camera quality thing is not what i’m talking about…

woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

I agree with you :) But as mentioned in other threads, Chictopia is a community that people want to encourage each other. Selecting/taking good pictures, I believe, it’s a learning process. Let’s just give them friendly reminders such as “I wish the picture was not blurry,” “I wish I could see the whole outfit,” etc.

Pink_Champagne
Style_council
Pink_Champagne

good reminder! i understand when a picture comes out blurry, but i dont’ get it when users post random photos of their faces or stuff like that. i always try to leave a comment, just so that they won’t feel bad and dump chictopia (which they shouldn’t) but i dont’ ever rate those chic.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION