Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
libys11
Style_council
libys11

ok. here’s my concern. i have been here in chictopia for quite some time now and every now and then, my outfits will appear in the style gallery. the problem is, my posts will be missing in the style gallery after some hours of being there. i dont know what’s wrong (or what i did wrong). i still do get votes from other chictopians but for some reason, my picture disappears in the style gallery.

and this has happened to me for a number of posts already. some of the commenters would have seen my post in the style gallery when it goes there, but right after disappearing, you can’t locate it anywhere else (not even in the new posts section).

has this ever happened to anyone else?

btw, here are my pictures that got to the style gallery and then ‘disappeared’

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/120743

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/116804

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/113917

posted over 5 years ago
raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

Maybe it just got pushed back? Pictures on the style gallery go up by order of the time they got uploaded, not by the time they got voted in. So if a bunch of pictures uploaded after yours was voted in later, it won’t show up at the very front, but right before your picture. Know what I mean? LOL I’m bad at explaining things.

I also heard that headless pictures are removed.

posted over 5 years ago

libys11
Style_council
libys11

they are not pushed back.. coz i tried looking for them in even previous style gallery pages and they’re gone.

as for headless pictures, i really try to get full body shots.. coz i dont like incomplete/half body pics too! :D

posted over 5 years ago

libys11
Style_council
libys11

yet again.. i have lost this post..

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/126562

it still shows up in my page, but it’s neither in the new photos nor the style gallery.

my photos are missing!!!

what is happening!!!!?!?!

im beginning to get tired and it’s really getting frustrating..

posted over 5 years ago

raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

Maybe you should send a note to Cheri instead?

posted over 5 years ago

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

I think this might be more of an issue with caching. I’ve noticed something similar – photos get enough votes to move to the style gallery but don’t show up for me when i look. I’ve realised that they do show up for other people though, by the amount of comments and votes accrued in the ‘invisible’ time.
Which version you see depends on how often your ISP updates their cache. I once made changes to my website and couldn’t see them live for an entire day, while the rest of the world was seeing it!
Have you tried going back now and looking for the original shots you posted about? Are they there? xxx

posted over 5 years ago

libys11
Style_council
libys11

maybe it is that.. im not quite sure..
i have to check.. :)

thanks to you and raiscake! :D

posted over 5 years ago

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

no worries! fingers crossed that’s all it is -there must be a techno-glitch explanation!

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

This just happened to me! I messaged Cheri about it, but I have no idea what could have happened… I saw it in the style gallery, then it was no longer there and the points had been deducted as well.

Hmm…

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

But once it’s in, isn’t it in? I guess other people are having this problem too… hm.

Oh, and I like your outfit from today! Just saying, haha.

posted over 5 years ago

kokabuta
Style_council
kokabuta

yeh..let Cheri know whats happening and your complain about the matter.

posted over 5 years ago

libys11
Style_council
libys11

it just happened to my post recently..

and since it has been happening so often, i guess i got so used to it already and i dont even bother if it’s in the style gallery anymore or not..

it’s either that or i just end up getting frustrated..

although lately, ive been seeing it with other chictopians as well..
if this becomes a bigger issue, i really hope something is going to be done.

posted over 5 years ago

CheriChictopia
Style_council
CheriChictopia

Our editors occasionally take photos out of the gallery due to one of the reasons below:
1. inappropriate content for a specific section. We sometimes move non-outfit items to inspiration
2. Poor lighting on the photo.
3. Spammers

If you feel like your photo has been taken out unfairly, feel free to contact me.

posted over 5 years ago

phantasy
Style_council
phantasy

This is happened to me as well…I was so glad to finally get one, then poof! gone. ;(

posted about 5 years ago

phantasy
Style_council
phantasy

Did anyone else that had this problem get it solved or figure out why? It is very frustrating! I don’t want to post any more photos until I figure this out.

posted about 5 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

It’s happening that to me too, it already happened few weeks ago with another picture, but i thought it maybe a case… Now, the very last pic i uploaded disappeared from the Style Gallery and from the New Photos too…i drop a line to Cheri, hoping she will solve this.. :)

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION