Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
aranell
Style_icon
aranell

What items in your wardrobe have you had for a long time? Is there a pattern?

I’ve been thinking about this lately because I’ve been downsizing my wardrobe. I have too much disposable, cheaply-bought high street stuff from when I needed a quick fashion fix, and it’s all going.
Then there are things I bought ten years ago and still adore – a bright yellow grecian slip from the 50’s, a Munthe plus Simonsen skirt that cost me my entire month’s wages, a battered pink leather handbag.

What are your long-loved items?

posted over 5 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I have too much cheap crap too! I’m now trying to buy items that match with more things and will last longer.
I’m 19 and my style has changed a lot over the past few years so I don’t have many items that i bought when i was younger that still fit me and that still suit my style.
But I imagine that most of the things I have now will still be worn for years to come! Especially high quality things like vintage leather bags and shoes.
My fave things are a pair of Gripp black skinny jeans given to me by my friend because she didn’t wear them (I was very shocked and grateful cos they cost over $100!!) and i’ve had those for a couple of years now, and they go with everything :)
And also a small vintage bag that I got from a school fete almost about 5 years ago, it was about $2 i think and it is the best going-out bag i have!!
I also have about 3 blouses that I stole from my mum a few years ago (but she already had them for years and years before that, 2 of them are handmade) and they match with everything too, that was how I started loving and collecting blouses… I have a lot now! :D

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’ve had most of my pairs of jeans and shorts for a long time, a lot of what I own has had a decent amount of usage though. Where I’ve barely grown in the last 7 years or so it’s meant that I’ve been able to keep some items for years. Of course some have been cheap crap and haven’t lasted the test of time though.
I think the best thing I’ve ever bought is a pair of shorts for £2 in the kids section of New Look. I bought them nearly 7 years ago and they still look near enough like they did when they were new.

posted over 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Over the past few years, I’ve only just started to accumulate clothing that is meant to last for longer… before that I bought cheap chain-store crap a lot, and it was… ugh. I gotta say though, I do keep my jeans for a long time, even if I don’t wear them as often now. The only reason why my jeans might go out of rotation is if I grow out of them.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION