SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

What’s your opinion on this?

For me, it’s one of my biggest pet peeves because almost every girl at my school seems to do this once a week at least. And I know of one girl who has the pretty much the same outfit everyday: a white shirt (sometimes longish – enough to barely cover her rear, and sometimes short), leggings, and boots. I can’t stand this look.

posted about 4 years ago
whimsicalwallflower
Style_council
whimsicalwal...

Oh. My. Goodness.
I thought it was just me.
But really, I think leggings as pants are cute if you have a top that’s long enough to cover, and you don’t always pair it with ugg boots.
But the whole tee-shirt and leggings thing is somewhat annoying.
Unless it’s those leggings that look like jeans.

posted about 4 years ago

priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

I agree, I wear leggings under dresses all the time but the norm that I’ve seen at school and at the mall is leggings and Uggs. And it’s even black leggings with brown Uggs which makes it worse, in my opinion.

posted about 4 years ago

whoa_nisha
Style_council
whoa_nisha

hmm i rarely wear leggings as pants because i dont want to show my shape in the back i guess haha, ill wear it around the house or if im in a hurry to run some errands, otherwise i wear it under a dress or a nice dress looking shirt :)

i dont own uggs, never will haha

posted about 4 years ago

daisymay
Style_council
daisymay

Im so happy that I am not the only person that hates this look! Cardiff is littered with people all looking the same with leggings, boots and a shirt! I think it looks terrible. Leggings were not meant to be worn as trousers! They are meant to be more like tights as far as I am concerned, worn under dresses and skirts and on occasions shorts. Plus I really dislike Uggs. So many people wear them or cheap replicas, and have you noticed how the always walk slightly on the side of them so the edge gets all worn and scruffy!

posted about 4 years ago

SpiritDitch
Style_council
SpiritDitch

I don’t like leggings as pants (especially plain black leggings) mostly because people make it into an everyday uniform of sorts. It seems as if they forget other types of clothing exist.

posted about 4 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

I personally love to wear my leggings with tunic shirts, never regular length shirts. It’s a comfortable and casual ensemble. It’s gross with Uggs, but a long tunic tee, a pair of leggings, and some motorcycle boots is a lovely thing to me. Just my opinion, it’s not always so hideous just because of personal preference.

posted about 4 years ago

New_user 118212 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 118212 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

dont like. its way overdone now and its just a way for girls to show off what i suppose they believe they have to show off like if just wearing underwear was allowed, they would be on that. (lady gaga has pretty much made the no pants look her thing..lets keep it that way)leggings are tight and sometimes the front area just doesnt look attractive please wear a shirt long enough to cover, srsly.

posted about 4 years ago

KNowS
Style_council
KNowS

Can’t stand the look. Leggings, in my opinion, are ment to be worn as tights. And personally, I would not be caught dead wearing my tights around as pants. So, why do it with leggings? They could be cute with a nice dress or skirt, but it depends on the type of leggings. Leggings with floral patterns, etc. have the potential to be cute.

posted about 4 years ago

BrainTwins
Style_council
BrainTwins

Well, we would agree that you should never wear the same outfit twice. That’s pretty much a no-no in our book. But leggings can look stylish depending on the length of the shirt.

posted about 4 years ago

priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

I agree with what all of you are saying. I definitely only wear leggings with a skirt or dress. It’s just a mystery to me why girls think it’s flattering to wear them as pants!

posted about 4 years ago

problematique
Style_council
problematique

I hatehatehate when people wear leggings as pants with only a t-shirt or blouse – leggings are meant to be worn with skirts or dresses in my book! Plus a lot of the people that do wear leggings as pants cannot pull it off well (from what I’ve seen, at least).

posted about 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Generally I don’t really like leggings as pants, mostly because whenever I see girls wearing them there is usually major VPL and a lot of the time the fabric is really thin and you can even see the colour of their undies through them :S They definitely look better if there is at least a long tshirt covering the crotch and bum area.
But I think some girls can pull it off! especially when it’s a thicker material. :P
But I do wear leggings as pants sometimes if i’m lazing around at my bf’s or my close friends’ houses- that’s because of comfort, not because I want to look fashionable :P I’d never wear it in public!

posted about 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I don’t think that wearing them like that out in public is right. I think it’s kind of gross, no matter what size or body type you are. I think if you are going to wear leggings with a top, make sure the top is long enough to go over your butt.

posted about 4 years ago

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

i like it, only if it’s
1) opaque
2) covers your front. camel toe is the least attractive thing ever.

posted about 4 years ago

fshnnerd
Style_council
fshnnerd

lol i like wearingg them as pants as long as i have a dress or shirt covering my butt and other unmetionables haha butt i hate itt when people just wear it with a regueral shirt i meann cover it up its nott atracctive!

posted about 4 years ago

nihonfleur
Style_council
nihonfleur

I am not a fan as leggings as pants. I am a huge fan of leggings though, and think it is important that you wear a tunic/dress/skirt/shorts to cover your privet bits. If the leggings are completely opaque I do feel more comfortable with a shorter tunic, but it still MUST cover my butt completely.

posted about 4 years ago

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

bleh xP uggs. i would wear leggings as pants if i had a top that was long enough and i’d probably pair it either with wedges or heels.

posted about 4 years ago

redrouged
Style_council
redrouged

no way :/

posted about 4 years ago

deadchique
Style_council
deadchique

I think its okay if you have a shirt long enough to cover vpl or lack there of. No need for everyone to know whats going on underneath your clothes. Lets not forget that leggings are skin tight! I’ve worn them once or twice with a long shirt but I still somehow felt kind of naked. I don’t know why since I’ve worn dresses that were just a bit longer than my shirt but it just did.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION