Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

i thought it might be fun/slightly embarassing to tell everyone some “fashion don’ts” that you are guilty of. you could be guilty and love it or your could tell us something you regret wearing :) i’ll start

i’m guilty of wearing black ugg look-a-likes with sweat pants. i don’t love that look, but it was comfy lol i just wore them yesterday with my skinny jeans though and liked it. they’re just so warm! i’m sorry!

posted almost 5 years ago
1 2
elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I love how the truth comes out!

1. Up until mid freshman year, I was an Abercrombie/AE clone.
2. That means I also wore a mini skirt and calf length leggings. I was in middle school, I didn’t know?
3. And I owned a pair of light blue Ugg knock offs.

posted almost 5 years ago

ankle_sox
Style_council
ankle_sox

I will shyly put my hand up and admit to the calf leggings that were white and a flippy denim mini… ops!

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’ve worn fake uggs and fake crocs. Both were gifts from my parents, if that absolves me at all. (Hey, I don’t like to waste things!). I’ve also worn a (purple!) velor track suit, but only when chilling at home. I make no apologizes for the ridiculous crap I wear when I don’t leave the house.

I also once “matched” hot pink and salmon when I got dressed in the dark. High school was an interesting time.

posted over 4 years ago

xvavavava
Style_council
xvavavava

wearing pajamas out of the house isn’t that crazy, everyone feels tired and crappy one morning and just doesn’t care, its when people to it regularly then it’s a major don’t. i think that’s understandable, no?

for instance: i just woke up, am really tired, don’t care about what i’m wearing now because i’m going to shower after class so i’m wearing sweatpants and an AA thermal and fully plan on wearing it with a coat and uggs to and from class lol i’m going to change later, but for now it’s what’s staying on!

posted over 4 years ago

kittiebeatz
Style_council
kittiebeatz

1. i’ve also worn pj’s outside the house (grocery shopping & dog walking)

2. i’ve been wearing my fake uggs this winter since it’s snowed a lot here (don’t wanna mess up my other shoes with all the gross slush)

3. since i grew up in the 80s my childhood wardrobe was pretty ugly (tapered light tight rolled jeans. huge oversized sweaters, jellies, bicycle shorts. . .) i know the 80s are coming back but that’s a decade of fashion i don’t wish to relive lol

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

guilty of…
wearing pj’s out in public :(((

posted over 4 years ago

PaperGownSM
Style_council
PaperGownSM

i had a boyfriend for awhile who had this giant worn-in steelers sweatshirt i used to live in. to class & everything… it makes me cringe.

i also went through a hippie phase when i wore nothing but wife beaters & tie-dyed cotton skirts. cute occasionally (like… hiking or camping) but definitely not good every day…

posted over 4 years ago

Opal
Style_council
Opal

back in 1996 I wore a long denim dress that was like bib overalls on top with a patterned silky top underneath – I think it had race cars on it or something. I used to wear a lot of weird things in highschool, but that had to be the worst outfit ever. egads!

posted over 4 years ago

Lousea
Style_council
Lousea

^ Yours seem fine. :)

I’m guilty of wearing slippers around town. Only ONCE though! And there was a reason, I stayed at a friends Dads house, we went for a walk, my suede boots got mud on them, I was going to wait for them to dry and tap the mud off. But one of my friends at the time had a bright idea of putting them in a sink of water whilst I went to the toilet. Not impressed, boots were then wrecked and I had nothing to wear on my feet the next day, only spare shoes, slippers! D:
Never forget or live that down D:

posted over 4 years ago

Amandapandazap
Style_council
Amandapandazap

Okay so I am always cold in NYC in the winter, so everyone I knew (boyfriend, parents, siblings, relatives), got me full thermal tops and bottoms (basically long johns) in various colors for Christmas last year! And they’re soo comfy, I think I’ve gone out for coffee with just those on and black uggs, running from my car to the cafe, or from my apartment across the street, a million times and I KNOW I look like an old woman and so gross!!!

posted over 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

back in middle school, I used to wear my polo boots w/ everything!! Even if I would dress up! I would wear lk a dressy ass shirt w/ some bell bottoms! and my polo boots!! I’ve had Uggs! I loved them, till they got w when my house flooded cuz of a hurrican! and I actetually lk croc’s!! ha!! But never bought them cuz they were kinda expensive! so i had some fake ones!

oh and make up wise…not sure if this was a down south thing, but i used to wear lk dark ass brown lip liner and thought i was the “shiznitt”

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION