Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
wouldntitbeloverly
Style_council
wouldntitbel...

is there really any way to layer your summer sundresses in the winter maybe with a sweater or longsleeve shirt? any pic. examples would be helpful :)

posted almost 5 years ago
hopelesslydevoted
Style_council
hopelesslyde...

Well, it they’re not too obviously sundressy, try layering them with neutral (brown, or gray) tights and neutral sweaters/jackets.

marjul
Style_council
marjul

i would wear it with a leather jacket and layer with lots of fall colors

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

i agree with the other two, layer them with neutral sweaters/tights and you can’t go wrong

barbroandersen
Style_icon
barbroandersen

I wear all of my dresses in the winter too! I love it! Just add a jacket, thick leggings and so on! Perfect for layering too! Check out my latest dress, if you want: white lace, black leather and thigh-high stockings!

http://www.chictopia.com/whitelies-

New_user 61939 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 61939 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

that’s a lovely example, barkatt!
I think that your outfit there is a perfect illustration of how to make sundresses work in colder weather. :)

back to the OP, depending on the style and print of the dress you could also go bohemian with it — wear it over jeans, add a close fitting long sleeve tee underneath, with a shrug or sweater on top. I’ve seen that look work well on many people.

depending on how short the dress is, you could also treat it more like a tunic, layering it over dress pants or even over a longer skirt or dress.

I say take some time and play around. that’s usually how these things come together. :)

ChantalHMB
Style_council
ChantalHMB

Put on a nice plain coloured matching cardigan, with a waist belt, and neutral tights, and some boots, would look very cute… I love wearing anything but dresses these days! So much more comfy, but still looking stylish without any extra effort

REPLY TO DISCUSSION