Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

i have a blog. i barely update it. pretty much…i have no followers. i am pretty sure only my mom and my brother know i have a blog. but its only cuz i dont really know what to put on it. my life isnt too terribly interesting, well at least not to me. and i dont know who would really read it…

so my question to you is if you had a blog what would you write about??
and if you already do, what do you write about? any suggestions for people like me?

posted over 5 years ago
EKittyJ
Style_council
EKittyJ

Oh I am in exactly the same boat I have one but I never know what to write!!! Got up, watched tv, went out, watched film, came back, food shopped, went home x3 I have a very boring life :B

posted over 5 years ago

phantasy
Style_council
phantasy

Ha ha me too. I think I had more to say online when I was a teen. Now I talk to actual people more. I have opinions they just don’t come out easily online anymore because I forget them. Oh well, ha ha.

posted over 5 years ago

saintlillium
Style_council
saintlillium

I keep making and deleting my blogs on a regular basis. Heh.

posted over 5 years ago

kathleenphails
Style_council
kathleenphails

This is why all of my blogs have failed haha. I remember once even blogging on my friend and I and our quest for the most epic nachos xD

posted over 5 years ago

foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

i think if you’re gonna blog, you should blog about things you’re super interested in – your interest will make you enthusiastic, which will make it worthwhile to read. It sounds backwards, but if you’re writing for yourself, to make yourself happy, it’ll attract the interest of others. Does that make sense?

Otherwise, your blog will sputter and die cause even you aren’t interested in detailing your life. It doesn’t have to be an ego trip – get interested in things outside yourself and you’ll find tons of others just as interested.

posted over 5 years ago

independentspirit
Style_council
independents...

Also you can write about controversies you see in your day to day life or about something that unites people together like ..for instance.. fashion

posted over 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

Well, I remember back in middle school I was so excited that I got into the Featured Content on Xanga and it was a TOTAL big deal for me. My secret was that I posted a lot of pictures and then said something that I thought was witty and then commented other people.

Same goes to the blogs now, except I mash fashion with little knicks in my life.

posted over 5 years ago

israelsummers
Style_council
israelsummers

I think the most important thing when it comes to blogging is to be true to yourself. Don’t try to convey a person that isn’t really you over the internet. It won’t work. Blog about what you want to blog about, the things you love, the things that inspire you. And don’t forget to visit other blogs and leave comments and such on posts you really love. People don’t realize that blogging is a social thing, which means to be successful you actually have to be social.

Most importantly, have fun with it. I think once you stop having fun with blogging, you should just stop blogging because there’s no other point. It’s not supposed to be a job.

posted over 5 years ago

brgttplff
Style_council
brgttplff

I have a blog, and I just write about things that inspire me, new collections coming out and just quick outfit posts. As for suggestions, don’t start a blog assuming you’ll get famous from it (even though it’s always nice) because then it can seem like you’re trying to hard and you won’t be having fun with it.

Also, keep the layout of your blog simple and tasteful. I can’t stand blogs that are cluttered and sparkly and incomprehensible.

Hope that helps!

posted over 5 years ago

ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

i dont understand twitter. i have one but the last time i used it was when i set it up…you literally have to read everything to do anything besides update your status

posted over 5 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

I think people’s lives are what is interesting. It’s looking at the mundane with an outsider’s eyes.
But also, I think blogs should collect your interests and passions. Mine is a personal blog, but it isn’t just pictures of me and my life. I also post on movies I like, art I’m into, fashion collections I admire, etc. Just take all your interests and research them a little.

posted over 5 years ago

BrodyKushner
Style_council
BrodyKushner

I have a blog, Emo Biochemist; although, ironically, it’s more about my rants than biochemistry, lol. I think good, juicy blog topics would be ones that involve lots of real life drama. Like fights with your friends, mrreow. Lol, just kidding.

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I blogged on livejournal for a while when I was younger but my life wasn’t too interesting back then and it was basically just a place to vent and rant.
If I had a blog now I would probably write about my fashion interests and music and movies that I like, and post pictures and stories from when I go out clubbing (it may seem a bit lame but I’d have a lot of random and funny things to tell about cause weird things always happen when I’m out).

posted over 5 years ago

MaverickMalone
Style_council
MaverickMalone

This is interesting! I have a blog: http://maverickmalone.com

I don’t write that much, I just post photos. It’s mostly my day to day outfits.

posted over 5 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I want to start a blog, but I’m waiting until I’m ready. I want to get more into my major and learn more about fashion and be more evolved in my fashion sense before I start one.

posted over 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I would have nothing to talk about except my cat and the infuriating things stupid customers do at the bar I work at.

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

Honestly, i can’t have blogs cause i always forget about them. And i’m too lazy.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION