Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
violetheart
Style_icon
violetheart

Hey everyone! I’m majoring in graphic design this fall! I wanted to major in fashion, but the school i’m going to doesn’t offer it. I’m wondering if there are any graphic design majors, or anyone out there who can tell me what kind of careers I can get involving fashion with this major? I still want to be involved with fashion (it’s my dream) so any info. would help me a lot!! Thank you!! :):)

posted about 4 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

a lot of times, you can get employed to make graphics for shirts and things, also, after you finish graphic design and get a good job, you could get a little extra schooling and design fabrics. .

posted about 4 years ago

fashion_cat
Style_council
fashion_cat

you could also help create advertisments and maybe work as an illustrator. Good luck!!

posted about 4 years ago

ThatLaurenGirl
Style_council
ThatLaurenGirl

my cousin who is majoring in graphic design is currently working on starting his own t-shirt business. he does a lot of designs for the t-shirts themselves but he also does the logo and designs the website himself… so yeah doing graphic designs for clothes or even being paid to advertise for fashion companies or anything like that is definitely a possibility!

posted about 4 years ago

Kittany
Style_council
Kittany

I’m a graphic designer as well! Although I don’t work with fashion at all… but it is an industry tied closely to design. There’s always advertisements, catalog layouts, websites, fashion magazines, photo retouching and plenty of other things i’m probably not thinking of.

Also, if your interested in doing fashion design classes maybe you could find another school that offers summer classes?

Anyway, just because your school doesn’t offer it, don’t let it slow you down! I’m sure you can work fashion into your projects. :)

posted about 4 years ago

Lollidella
Style_council
Lollidella

I’m a graphic design major as well. I think everyone else has said what I was thinking, so I’ll just leave it at this: when you’re in the creative field, it’s great to have a good sense of fashion. I think employers and clients will be looking for it. Keep up with your style and it might help you in the future.

posted about 4 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

Im also a graphic design major. We had a fashion design course before but that was only for 4months with 1 session per week. I wish I had learned more about fashion especially sewing.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION