Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
insheepsclothes
Style_council
insheepsclothes

Someone in one of the forums said to try to take photos outside. Without someone else to take the pictures of me, it’s kind of difficult. Would you say there are a lot more outdoor photos on the Style Gallery?

posted over 7 years ago
koozle
Style_council
koozle

There’s a lot with grass and floral scenery, but I also see a lot of bedroom walls, and lots of stairs, graffiti walls, and of course places like a fountain or a rail/platform you can stand on.

The main thing you gotta think about is does the outfit look good in the background, not just well I’m outside here I am. :)

posted over 7 years ago

irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

The reason outdoor photos are more popular on Chictopia is because of natural light.

Natural light from the sun is more flattering for you and your clothes and will show the clothes more than indoor dark photos. Of course, if you have good lighting in your house then that’s not a problem. (If someone doesn’t have good lighting, flash would be needed which is sort of unflattering to clothes and people)

posted over 7 years ago

RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

ill be honest, sometimes the background of a picture will attract me more than the clothes…lol but i think that for the most part what irisanddaniel said is true in this case.

posted over 7 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I think outdoor pictures are more eye-catching so you have a better chance to get votes. However, if you have a pretty interior, it has the same effect. If you don’t have either, just style some really chic outfits and you will still get lots of votes^^

posted over 7 years ago

Cariissa
Style_council
Cariissa

I like taking mine outside!

posted over 7 years ago

insheepsclothes
Style_council
insheepsclothes

Thanks for all the input! Maybe I can steal my husband’s tripod for a while and take some shots outdoors :-)

posted over 7 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

Yes I think so because the grass make the photo more beautiful

posted over 7 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

yellow bathroom lighting is the worst haha. i find that i get terrible lighting/backgrounds indoors so i prefer to take my photos outside like many people :) i have to find a good spot in the shade when there’s sun out but not too much full-on sunlight (creates weird shadows)

posted over 7 years ago

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

I’m pretty sure outdoor pictures get more in the style gallery :) so go and borrow that tripod :D (mine just broke yesterday, litteraly broke in two :s have to go and get a new one)

posted over 7 years ago

lovebughannah
Style_council
lovebughannah

I try to take them ouside :)

posted over 7 years ago

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

i mean you should try to take them outside if possible…but in the end good pictures of really stylish outfits make it to the style gallery…doesnt matter what the background looks like…jst try and make it look semi professional…like have a blank wall behind you if you cant be outside…dont have ur unmade bed as ur background lol

posted over 7 years ago

gwynethbg
Style_council
gwynethbg

omg really? gorrillapod? this is the first time ive ever heard of that.. i guess that would be so useful for those who stack up books and things just to get the camera to sit still while taking self-timer photos! haha :)

as for the outdoor picture topic, i find that the whole photo in general looks more attractive when taken outdoor.

posted over 7 years ago

VickyViolet
Style_council
VickyViolet

I always do pictures in my bedroom (often get compliments about the colour on the wall and my bedsheets even, hahaha!) because I’d feel awkward taking pictures outside.

But then again I consider myself quite savvy when it comes to taking decent pictures (having a good camera works too haha) and I know my way around Photoshop. And both of my posts have been on the front page even, so I really don’t think it’s an issue.

posted over 7 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

i think that outdoor pictures are more popular because people like seeing greenery, or the blue sky it’s more eye-catching in my opinion. i think overall, it’s also important to have a good high quality photo, because when browsing photos all you see is the thumbnail and good quality photo catches my eye more, making me want to click it.

posted over 7 years ago

freespirit_fashion
Style_council
freespirit_f...

I think it’s easier to get good lighting when you’re outdoors.

And in my case, my apartment is so cramped that it’s hard to get enough space to set up a camera AND to maneuver so that the background is interesting.. I’m sure a lot of other people have this issue as well. Thus, it’s a lot easier to set up a tripod and capture a nice background when you’re outside.

In my opinion, I like photos that showcase the clothes the best. Backgrounds that are too busy don’t work well for this, so I think that’s why a lot of people choose plainer scenery that can be found outside. But in the end, I vote/comment based on the outfit, and not whether the photo was taken indoors or outdoors or anything else.

posted over 7 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I agree that it’s probably easier to get good lighting when you take your photos outdoors! Sometimes I think that photos can be more popular because of the background not just because of the outfit…
Lighting inside the house can be darker or you sometimes have to use flash when you take pics inside which isn’t that flattering. Not everyone knows how to use a fancy camera or how to edit their pics so I guess taking them outside is just easier too!
I have taken outfit photos inside before, but the ones I took inside usually got less votes or got removed from the style gallery :( so I am trying to stick with photos taken outside :)

posted over 7 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I have a gorillapod/joby :) It works great clinging to weird surfaces outside. However, my parents do have an old legit tripod that I stole yesterday and I’m going to use. For taking so many photos, I think having a tripod is a super worthwhile investment

posted over 7 years ago

keogan42
Style_council
keogan42

outdoor has the most outdoor light, which is more flattering and true. plus you can do more with the lighting by using the sunset or afternoon light, etc.

posted over 7 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

I take mine outside! my sister takes mine! morning light i find is best!

posted over 7 years ago

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

yea if i could, itd take my photo pictures outside a lot more often cuz my digi cam has really crappy quality so i take them outside where lighting is better and theres more stuff to pose around in :]

posted over 7 years ago

dearfish
Style_council
dearfish

I think the more unusual a photo is, the more likely it is to make it into the style gallery. That’s probably why outdoor photos are in there more!

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION