Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
musichoney
Style_council
musichoney

So…… I don’t dress up much when I go to class, but I don’t want to wear something restraining when I go to class for an hour, and I will also be on campus alllll dayyy long, so heels, as beautiful and feminine as they make me feel, I can only wear them for so long. Some of my heels have not even seen the light of day because I am in fear of the consequences!! And ever since I moved to college, I was only able bring a limited amount of clothing into a “closet.” Someone help me! What can I do?? How do I dress for class without overdoing it? Yet be able to go out with friends and still look chic without going back for a quick change? What color choices should I stick with? What shoes is appropriate besides my comfy converse? Help?

LJ

posted about 5 years ago
woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

I suggest flipping through
http://www.chictopia.com/coedugly

I know you said no overtly feminine things but I bet you can find good inspirations there :)
For shoes, I’d suggest some fun flats, boots, flat oxfords, etc :)

posted about 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I agree, I would NEVER wear heels to my uni!! especially because of the distance from walking from one class to another on the other side of campus…
anyway, I think flat boots or ballet flats for footwear.. Simple but nice clothes are always good, such as casual dresses or jeans with a singlet and cardi. Even if you just have a plain shirt with a jacket you can jazz it up with jewelery, like a dangly necklace…
Well hope that helped a bit, although I usually dress pretty simply for uni :P

posted about 5 years ago

Jetaime_Sanoj
Style_council
Jetaime_Sanoj

I know exactly how you feel!
I feel trrible for neglecting my heels for the past two years, but comfort is a necessity on campus :/
anyway, I usually go with cute flats, as everyone else has mentioned, my converse get a lot of use on my long days, and occasionally i’ll be dangerous and wear a kitten heel…
as for clothes I LOVE my skinny jeans, though I try to throw in a cute, but longer skirt every once in a while (so i don’t flash the professor while in my seat :/)
I’m probaby the biggest advocate of cardigans you’ll ever meet. They can dress an outfit up or down! These help if you want to be outrageously chic one minute and a bit more demure the next…
Belts are good, also; they can make you look more pulled together, along with jewelry and the right hairstyle :))
Hope i’ve helped<3>t know if these sales are going on everywhere) but I hope it does because that purchase made my year :P]

posted about 5 years ago

summerkay
Style_council
summerkay

I like to dress up for any occasion (especially going to class cuz that’s where all the boys are XP) but I agree it’s not fun to walk across campus all day in heels (even though I do it all the time). On days I don’t like to dress up, I like to go for the chic rocker look, which is some kind of casual tee or tank with a cardi thrown over it, shorts, black leggings, and usually boots or some kind of sneaker/flats. It’s a look you really can’t go wrong with. You can do a lot with jeans (preferably skinnies), boots, and cardis too. And if it’s not too hot, an added scarf or similar accessory can help to transform an outfit.
As for color choices, you really can’t go wrong with monochrome (blacks, whites, and grays). They’re simple and hard to mess up, and it’s easy to add a splash of color (like a red bag or something). Earthy tones are good too.
And if you do feel like wearing heels that day but halfway through the day you realize your feet can’t take it anyway, bring a pair of flats with you in your purse or backpack that would still look good with your outfit, so you can do a quick change whenever your feet need a break.

But that’s just what works for me. Hope I helped! <3

posted about 5 years ago

strvngrtst929
Style_council
strvngrtst929

Well Im an art student and when I get dressed for class I have to say ‘Now what would I mind not getting paint, clay, sawdust, charcoal on’…it’s funny. So if I want to do something later I usually end up having to go back to my room and change anyway. It’s easier on the weekends…hah

posted about 5 years ago

elle_em_bee
Style_council
elle_em_bee

I know how you feel! i live off campus and have to walk to class, so it’s really hard to find cute, comfortable shoes that will stand up to wear and tear. I also LOVE to dress up and i have gotten so bored because it’s really hard to dress cute casual everyday.

posted about 5 years ago

lolorenee
Style_council
lolorenee

What would you guys suggest for quick outfits in the morning since the snooze button is my best friend and I don’t have time to pull together an outfit like I usually would and my hair isn’t going to be fabulous so I need something that will be a little more played down. I’ve been the victim of sweatpants or hoodies and jeans to class every day lately. I think the weather is to blame!

posted about 5 years ago

twinkl
Shop_seller_2 twinkl is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
twinkl

I always noticed girls with nice (but practical!) book bags… since I always just wore a backpack around. It’s hard to find a durable bag that will still look good after all the abuse it would have to endure by being carried all over campus :(

Accessories in general are a great way to chic up your college outfit. They can be mixed and matched for all sorts of different outfits, and only take up a drawer of space (or shoebox under your bed?).

posted about 5 years ago

tico414
Style_council
tico414

Here are some outfit ideas
- converse, leggings, off the shoulder top with a blazer
- cute dress, long sweater and a pair of boots
- floral skirt, t-shirt, leather jacket and ankle boots
- skinny jeans tucked into short leather boots with a cute top

by the way, you can look chic in converse.

posted almost 5 years ago

viridianduchess
Style_council
viridianduchess

I know—I get stuck in jean mode. It’s really hard for me because I’m an art student by day and scientist by night—so I have to wear scrubs to work—-but I vow never to wear them at school—but at school I usually get paint or charcoal on me so what’s a girl to wear ;(.

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

these articles from collegefashion.net are pretty helpful; they are basic but you can always tweak stuff to make it your own :)

college essentials
what to wear for class

REPLY TO DISCUSSION