Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ItsPaolaXoXo
Style_council
ItsPaolaXoXo

What is that ONE thing in your closet that you got for a bargain/for free that you think is THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER GRACED YOUR CLOSET?

- I’m talking about that vintage dress found scouring through a boutique which was bought at less than $5.
- Maybe that designer handbag you had to wrestle someone over – bought at a fraction of a fraction of the original price at a sample sale?
- Possibly those shoes that were bought 10 years ago that have been to the cobbler for a face lift more than courtney love’s?
- Or maybe a hand-me-down from mom’s closet before your mom was, well, a mom?

The point is that everyone HAS THAT ONE PIECE.

Mine is a tie between my Gryson Tutu bag – (that I just got recently at the savefashion pop-up store at the port authority – from $95, it was $ 220!!!!), this Stella Mccartney Silk Dress I got at an Intermix sample sale (from $1400 it was down to $79… yah I know, WHAT?!) and my lela rose patent leather peep toes from PAYLESS SHOE SOURCE. (yah I know)

I think I’m leaning towards my $24 lela rose heels from payless. I use it everytime I want to wear heels and I beat them up pretty badly because, well theyre from payless! but the funny thing is, when I get a scuff on them, I get upset because I love them so much! haha

tell me your best, most favorite buy EVER!

paola xoxo

posted about 5 years ago
lost
Style_council
lost

This black polka dotted dress I bought at a really skechy looking thrift shop for a complete bargain. I would wear it to bed if not for the fact that…actually I can’t think of a convincing reason NOT to wear it to bed. Maybe I should start.

posted about 5 years ago

RobotAssasin
Style_council
RobotAssasin

This Diane Von Furstenberg sweater I scored at a local thrift shop. The detailing is amazing. And it was only 4 Bucks! Vintage Designer wear for 4 bucks cant beat that. Oh yeah and my low cowboy shoes I wear nearly every day. They are super duper comfortable and stylish as well.

posted about 5 years ago

misslhey
Style_council
misslhey

definitely my oversize beige scarf i got from a souvenir store in LA. makes me happy everytime i put it on!

posted about 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

A vintage beige blouse with a really cute flappy collar I bought for $1. And also a beautiful vintage cream silk blouse with interesting collar details for about $6. Although that’s less of a bargain.

posted about 5 years ago

slanelle
Style_council
slanelle

good topic ! i think mine would be my oversized and asymetric cardigan. it is new, i only got it for a week, but i already wear it all the time ! I got it for only 15 euros, on sale, and it was the last one, so i felt lucky!

posted about 5 years ago

janissa
Style_council
janissa

my tights and the little black dress that i bought in a thrift store only $4 awesome

posted about 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

I have had a couple really good finds on ebay. I love Michael stars and I found like three tops for only 4 bucks. Wear them all the time.

posted about 5 years ago

swalvs
Style_council
swalvs

All the time: the last thing I bought!!! This means, it changes once in every two days… :) kidding… I think my ankle boots…

posted about 5 years ago

fashion_girl
Style_council
fashion_girl

my favorite thing in my closet is my brown jacket with hoodie and it looks like a blazer from the front! =D

posted about 5 years ago

annajyu
Style_council
annajyu

right now at this moment? My Norma Kamali for Walmart batwing cardigan that I wore today. Best $18 I ever spent at Walmart!!! Another piece I love to death and will never give up is a (brown & pink) silk dress by Alexandre Herchcovitch I haven’t even had a chance to wear after 2 years of owning it…

posted about 5 years ago

_kait
Style_council
_kait

I have a few!
- My absolute favourite earrings. Black and beige houndstooth button earrings: $2
- Small blue vintage-inspired purse: $5
- Peach short-sleeved satin blouse with crystal buttons: $1.79
- Blue/red/green patterned scarf: $0.50
- And pretty much any of the shoes I own from Payless ShoeSource. I fully abused my discount when I worked there, and I have so many pairs that I got for under $10. And even a pair I bought for.. FREE?! Yup.

posted about 5 years ago

mikeandikes
Style_council
mikeandikes

my fave is my american apparel oxford dress .
i love it cause i can tuck it in and make it look like a shirt ,
or i can wear it normally like a dress
or i can tie it up and dress it up like a skirt .
SO MANY POSSIBILITIES !
i also love the belt thingy that comes with it : )

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 37007 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When 37007 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!

my favourite is the YSL boots i bought on ebay coz i got it was such a steal

posted about 5 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

Flea market discovery of a Tripp NYC corset jacket on sale for 5 bucks!!!!<333 Worth mangling my fingers putting on a three buttons ^^

posted over 4 years ago

alice_said
Style_council
alice_said

This is the hardest question ever, most my clothes cost me under a dollar, so they all seem like bargains! Maybe it’s my chanel sunglasses (the two-tone ones) I got them for $100! I’m too scared to wear them often though!

posted over 4 years ago

rainbowsupernova
Style_council
rainbowsuper...

a dress i designed for my formal. it’s an olive green dress that stops at the knees and has a black organza ‘viel’ covered in red flowers…and t-shirt sleeves. i love it :D

posted over 4 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

My vintage grey cape

posted almost 2 years ago

Ankescu
Style_council
Ankescu

my nude high heels shoes ! definitly <3

posted almost 2 years ago

KeilaFromPR